• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring Help Please!

Cherokee-Dan

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all i decide to wire the CB directly to my battery. And how do i do this exactly all i have is a cigarette plug adapter. Any help or step by step direction would be great thanks.

Dan

Go to an auto parts store or electronics store, pickup some 12ga stranded wire, black and red, sometimes you can get it bonded into one insulator like lamp cord is, also get a fuse holder. While there get some electrical tape and some butt splices. You also need a vtvm [voltmeter], RS has cheapies for $15 or so.
You should also get a couple of spade connectors, big enough to fit over your attachment points where you want to grab the hot and ground.

12v+---------fuse----------radio red
12v-or ground--------------radio black

You want the fuse to be as close to the 12v souce as possible so that if the wire shorts out it does no damage.
Most of use here know what we want and where it goes, with your question you probably don't. Good way to learn though...
Best bet is to go to one of your local truck stops, most have a CB shop in them and the guy who runs it can put together a nice little package for you...

i have an idea on placement of it just wanted to know where to wire it to. Thanks now i just got to go out buy the stuff and fish the wires through. Thanks

Dan

Back