• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj Roof Rack

elephantrider1

NAXJA Forum User
Does Anybody Know If They Make A Roof Rack For Xj's That Did Not Come Out With One.all The Ones Ive Seen Mount To The Exsisting Rails That Mine Does Not Have.any Info Would Be Appriciated.

there are quite a few racks out there that have the option of rack-mount and drip-rail mount.... look into Yakima racks/accesories for one.. Olympic makes a new rack this year that attatches to the drip-rail called the "top hat" do a search on NAXJA and a few threads will pop up.. or check this link to Quadratec..
http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sg...QA=1&UREQB=2&UREQC=3&UREQD=4&FNM=00&x=66&y=32
lots to chose from if you do some research..

Thats Great Thanks Ive Got To Become A Member Everybody Has Been So Much Help.anybody Know Where I Can Get Just The Drip Rail Mounts And Build My Own Rack I Saw Some Of These In The Forums But Cant Find A Place To Buy The Mounts Only.

or try Thule. they have drip rail mount and the stock system mount. I choose thule for my jeep because the cross bars are square tube as opposed to tube on the yakimas. Otherwise they are very similar in price and features.

Take look at Daystar's roof rack, looks pretty good, im thinking of getting one like that... make sure you check how it mounts to your rig, and how it is finished, make sure its powdercoated and not painted:) because it will rust, at least that happens here... in canada:p

I love my Thule rack. One thing, clamps don't spin on square tubing. Another thing is that i think the add-ons look cooler. I've got 3 bike carriers and a kayak stacker on my rack. I also have the fairing on the rack aswell.

~Jeremy

I just recieved my Cargo Master Bushman Steel rack and WOW it is one nice rack. You can order just the mounts in lots of different legnths and highths. Rubicon Express has a good price on the mounts, $38.00 for four that mount to your rain gutter.

im sure your rack is nice, and im sure all the racks that you guys mention are very nice and amazing overall, but.... pics? any pics? just to see advantages and disadvantages.... or at least LINKS:)!!!!! cmon....!

I can't take a good pic of just the rack because there is a copius amount of snow on my XJ, but I hope these help some.

Frontish
720871_9_full.jpg

Backish
720871_10_full.jpg

I have an extra set of NIB Yakima 1A custom towers (4 in a box) if you are interested. 35.00 plus shipping from 40160 and they are yours.

I have to 2nd Chucks vote for the Farmboy rack. I finally saw one up close and personal recently and pictures don't do it justice. Its large, good looking, well built, and solid.

Personly I think I would rather use the drip rail mounts anyways. It seams to me that it would be stronger that way, and less likely to rip it off on a low hanging tree, or what not. I have heard of some guys using there racks as attatchment points to keep there xj's from rolling over in a bad situation. YOu would definitly want a good solid mount for that. One of my faverite looking racks is the one from ARB but I'm shure they want a few arms, a leg, and a left kidny for one.

Dragonslayer said:
http://www.prolineracks.com/proline-gmr165-rain-gutter-racks.html

It ain't fancy-schmanzy looking, but if you're only looking to haul a
couple of sheets of ply...

yep thats a good deal if it is a nice copy of the THULE and good quality. For some reason the stock cross bars are bowed ... i am not sure why but they suck for putting ladders plywood and drywall etc on since they surface area they rest on is reduced to a few inches in the middle.

I have thule bars like the one in the above link and some cool atachment that makes a 90 degree vetical edge. two for each cross bar great for securing junk from Lowes and homedepot. Not as sexy as Farmer matts or Kevins but i love it for my daily driver.

Back