• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow Hooks

RobCherokeeXJ89

NAXJA Forum User
I'm running calico this weekend and I have a front tow point but do not have ne rear tow point. Do you guys think i'll need a rear one and if so what do you suggest for tow hooks? I'm running a 3 1/2" lift 32" tires and fully skidded

RobCherokeeXJ89 said:
I'm running calico this weekend and I have a front tow point but do not have ne rear tow point. Do you guys think i'll need a rear one and if so what do you suggest for tow hooks? I'm running a 3 1/2" lift 32" tires and fully skidded
Fastest and easiest for rear towpoint is a hitch. The towhook that was offerd on XJ's requires a funky L shaped bracket.

RobCherokeeXJ89 said:
and i'm running duran the first day but am bypassing the canyon

You probably will not need the rear towpoint as much as the front (unless you're going to have to pull someone up), but still it's a good to have it.

If I was you I would take a big breaker bar and some pb blaster to one of the boneyards (depending where you're at, try hitting one in Santa Fe Springs or Wilmington) and you have a very good chance of scoring a hitch for under $50 (probably way under). Or spend ~100 and get one from Uhaul or place like that. IF you don't have the rear skid though you will need nutstrips (so then again the boneyard is a better choice)

Back