• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d30 and 8.25 limited slip conversion

BadXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all I got screwed by my gear guy and he installed limited slip front and rear instead of lockers. I hear there is a conversion to make them lockers but can't find a link to them or how much they cost. If you can please help me find one I can buy on a military budget I would greatly appreciate it. thanks for your help.

BadXJ said:
Hey all I got screwed by my gear guy and he installed limited slip front and rear instead of lockers. I hear there is a conversion to make them lockers but can't find a link to them or how much they cost. If you can please help me find one I can buy on a military budget I would greatly appreciate it. thanks for your help.

Just curious how did he screw you?

Are they Tru-Trac LSD's or factory?

Ive never heard of any conversions less converting a Trac-loc by removing the guts and installing a Lock-Right(or simular)!

Try it out before you decide that you don't like it. I'm about to have a Truetrac put in the front of mine. (EZ rear)

I think that you have a pretty capable rig, and it would be the perfect setup for a DD that sees mostly road.

ok will check into lockers then. I told my gear guy i wanted lockers and he installed limited slip so not quite the same thing. Just trying to get my rig up before iraq so I can hit harder trails..

Also Q about what was installed in each end...

The front 'almost' has to be a true-trac if it is a LSD. I used one in my MJ for a little over a year... It's really good for everything BUT wheel-up type trails. I'm looking forward to having it in my 242 DD XJ soon.

Back