• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep trivia

spazegun2213

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so I have a 4.0 and i have an engine stand... and it occured to me that i dont know what size bolts i need to get them to talk nicly to each other. I called the dealership and they didnt know either.... so what size are they?

5/8's?

thanks
Spaze

Why not stop by the hardware store and grab a few different standard and metric sizes and see which ones fit?

If memory serves, you'll need 3/8"-16 up top and 1/2-20 down bottom. I'm sure about the nominal sizes, but the lower bolts could be 13tpi or 20.

Just take your bellhousing bolts and check them. I AM sure about the uppers tho - I've replaced enough of them to get rid of the need for the E12 socket...

5-90

JeepSpeedRacer said:
I think the lowers are 7/16".

I got some all-thread rod in the correct sizes to attach my engine to the stand.

Gah - I just remembered that my lower bolts are 1/2"-20 only because I drilled and tapped for 1/2" studs (I couldn't find 7/16" while I had everything torn down...)

Yeah - the lowers are 7/16" coarse, IIRC.

5-90

Back