• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ba-10 trans mount? Where to buy?

5.0 Junkie

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to find one. Replaced engine mounts and shifter still moves all over. I bought a mount, but it wasn't even close. Every thing I look at shows the same mount for all years, but it is for the ax-15. Anybody know where I can get one?

The BA-10/5 mount is a ripoff from the dealer and as I recall, a Wrangler tranny mount (don't recall which one, sorry) bolted right up to the BA-10/5, but I had to redrill the holes in the crossmember, which was no big deal. I added an exhaust hanger on the crossmember using an off the muffler shop shelf generic hanger donut to support the exhaust at the crossmember.

I did this mod a few years back, before the AW4 swap, mainly because dealer cost on a new mount was about $125.00 IIRC.

I have no problem with fabbing stuff. What year wrangler? They make a poly one?

XJEEPER said:
The BA-10/5 mount is a ripoff from the dealer and as I recall, a Wrangler tranny mount (don't recall which one, sorry) bolted right up to the BA-10/5, but I had to redrill the holes in the crossmember, which was no big deal. I added an exhaust hanger on the crossmember using an off the muffler shop shelf generic hanger donut to support the exhaust at the crossmember.

I did this mod a few years back, before the AW4 swap, mainly because dealer cost on a new mount was about $125.00 IIRC.

Back