• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Late Model Brake Booster Swap

xj-grin

NAXJA Member #1096
FYI - Just completed this swap-- '96 booster into a 91 is a DIRECT swap... Pedal rod is correct length, pedal rod hole is correct, stock brake light switch works and flare nuts from 96 fit 91 proportioning valve. The only non-stock work was fabbing up some hard lines from the master to the proportioning valve.

Braking is like night and day! I have a rear disc conversion, and can now actually lock up the rears under extreme braking, which was unimaginable before (still using stock proportioning valve w/ the o-ring in) Definately the most bang for your braking buck at @ $75!! Just wanted to share the success.

Congratulations! I did the same swap in my 90 XJ and love the added braking power. Which rear disc conversion did you do?

Unfortunately, I am the proud owner of a TSM conversion to my scout 44. Brakes work fine (now), but the ebrakes are still suspect due to the Caddy calipers and the quality control wasn't too impressive given the high cost. If I had it to do over again I would go from scratch or try to adapt a ZJ or explorer package...

Back