• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Modified rear axle shock mounts(pics needed)

Don't really need pics to visualize. I just hacked off the old mounts and welded a bolt to the axle tube. Took about an hour and was very cheap.

Capt. Nemo said:
Don't really need pics to visualize. I just hacked off the old mounts and welded a bolt to the axle tube. Took about an hour and was very cheap.

did the same just get a bolt that fit's thru the shock snugly and line it up on the axle where you want it mark it and weld it on.

Tractor supply spring perches, (2) 5/8" bolts with smooth necks, (2) 5/8" nuts, enough 5/8" washers for spacers between mount and shock.

Remove factory shock mounts.

Cut ends off new perches, insert bolt through hole in perch and weld, put perch on shock and place on axle in best position so as not to bind, and tack in place, remove shock and run your beads, replace shock. Done

is.php

the d-44 i'm building will have no shock mounts,, =O
no rear shocks for that matter,
i've ran the 8.25 on & off road for over a year with only 1 shock & never felt like it was gone,
maybe if i were runnin the jeep speed series i would worry more about shocks..
but for trail crawlin i don't feel shocks are necessary especially with a leaf sprung rear..

JLane99XJ said:
i've ran the 8.25 on & off road for over a year with only 1 shock & never felt like it was gone,
but for trail crawlin i don't feel shocks are necessary especially with a leaf sprung rear..

huh?

what?

tell ya what.....I'll show you some trails that will make you wimper and beg to have shocks.

JLane99XJ said:

Boing! Boing! Boing! Boing! goes your rear end after a bump :puke:

jjvande said:
what travel shocks are you guys using after you raise the mounts?
I run the stock length ones as the shock mount lift gave me back the travel I lost with the dropped bumpstops. You have to do one with the other.

Okie Terry said:
Tractor supply spring perches, (2) 5/8" bolts with smooth necks, (2) 5/8" nuts, enough 5/8" washers for spacers between mount and shock.

Remove factory shock mounts.

Cut ends off new perches, insert bolt through hole in perch and weld, put perch on shock and place on axle in best position so as not to bind, and tack in place, remove shock and run your beads, replace shock. Done

is.php

Do you recall which spring mounts you used from TS? They list a couple different ones. Thanks.

jjmat3 said:
Do you recall which spring mounts you used from TS? They list a couple different ones. Thanks.
I want to say the 3500lbs. units, but I can't be sure without actually holding them in my hand. Depends also on your particular axle, as a 8.25 has bigger tubes than a 35 or 44. If you can, go up there and look for the right ones.

D70XJ said:
263936819zxhowT_ph.jpg

Heres what i did with mine. I used my old rear swaybar mounts, and welded them to the top of the tube.

Doing that will give you death wobble.......................

-Mike

Back