• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Speakers

Ecarlcl

NAXJA Forum User
I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 2 way speakers (one in either door) and the foam surround on them rubs on the back of the interior panels. Does anyone make a speaker that is low profile enough to not do this?

Thanks

Im pretty sure, they fit just fine, but they buzz and rattle against the door panel.

There's a few companies that make inverted surrounds that would eliminate that all together, but I think your best option would be to make a wood (preferably MDF) ring and sandwich the speaker between the ring and the door itself. So the ring would be as thick as the surround at max excursion- elliminating the chance of the surround hitting the panel. This is what I did a few years back when I ran into the same problem.

dothedew24_7 said:
There's a few companies that make inverted surrounds that would eliminate that all together, but I think your best option would be to make a wood (preferably MDF) ring and sandwich the speaker between the ring and the door itself. So the ring would be as thick as the surround at max excursion- elliminating the chance of the surround hitting the panel. This is what I did a few years back when I ran into the same problem.

How thick? Were you still able to seat the panel correctly?

Thanks

Back