• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

revolver shackles

When I installed mine, I noticed about a 1/2"+ rise. alittle but not much.

i called them and asked because i was using lift shackles and didnt' want to loose any height and they said that they are factory height. but i will defer to the experience of people who are actually runing them

diabloxj said:
i want to try them but they are so much what something like 250$?

You can get them for around 190+ship.

buy them used that way when you get tired of them unloading you can pawn them off on someone else for the same amount of money :laugh3:

thats what i did

they may work in a few instances, but i found them more of a liability than anything

yotaparts said:
they may work in a few instances, but i found them more of a liability than anything
This is what most people have found. They tend to unload at the worst possible time, and are very hard to control. Like Chuck said, search.

don't get me wrong i loved them in 90% of the situations i face. that other 10% however was a contribution that probably put me on my side.

i didn't find unloading under braking to be a problem just unloading on side hills

Last edited:
deathwobblezj said:
will the rear CJ teraflex revolvers work on the XJ? i know rear CJ and YJ are the same width, so are XJ/MJ rears the same as YJ?
no

Mine are absolutely positively worth the money that I paid for them.

I personally think that the revolvers help me get up more obstacles the without. I've never had them "unload" in a wrong situation. In fact people always ask me, or assume that I have lockers on my jeep.

Another friend of mine has a TJ pimped out and I have been able to follow him on every trail that we’ve done.

It’s really amazing what having 4 wheels on the ground all the time will do for you.

Oh yea, I have the teraflex revolvers.

keeping up with a lowered tj on spinners is an accomplishment?

yotaparts said:
buy them used that way when you get tired of them unloading you can pawn them off on someone else for the same amount of money :laugh3:

thats what i did

Yotaparts pawned them off on me. :) For a very good price I might add!!!

I dont plan on running them tho. My National Springs give me plenty of flex. I traded for them so I could experiment with turning them into "boomereangs". They (the upper piece) are narrower on the open end than the stock shackle, but nothing a little cutting and welding cant fix.

Blazair said:
Yotaparts pawned them off on me. :) For a very good price I might add!!!

I dont plan on running them tho. My National Springs give me plenty of flex. I traded for them so I could experiment with turning them into "boomereangs". They (the upper piece) are narrower on the open end than the stock shackle, but nothing a little cutting and welding cant fix.

the springs you have, or the revols,? i might be intereseted in taking them off your hands if the price was good :naughty: :dunno:

Back