• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Performance Accessories Lifts

Rocketman

NAXJA Forum User
ANYONE have the 2" Peformance Accessories lift which consists of a 7" shackle (2"s longer) and a 2" front coil spacer? (p/n 91022) Already own the parts. This IS what I'm going to install!

I'll be installing it on my 93 along with rear leafs from a 01 and only 18K miles on em. I plan on new u bolts of course and new shocks. Will be replacing front rotors and pads at same time. NOW... Will I need extension or new rear/front brake lines? What length shocks do I need with the extra 2"?

I know all about using PB Breaker liberally days in advance and plan on using all new fasteners and bushings where needed. (shocks, isolators and such)

I'm also wondering (I searched the forums but without having to read volumes of rhetoric) about good INEXPENSIVE shocks. DT, Monroe?? My wheeling is limited to Midwest mud puddles and hills. I'll also be putting new BFG AT's (10.5X31) on as well. I know that may be pushing it at full crank and such but I'm not jumping dunes or climbing rocks at Moab.

That's a lot to ask.... I'll see what the responses are at this juncture.

Thanks,

Rob

I ran a 2" spacer with 31" tires for awhile untill my back ordered springs came in. I only had minor plastic rubbing at full turn stuffed. I used front shocks from an early leaf spring wrangler with BPE's on the front, and rear dakota shocks I had laying around with BPE's on the rear. It rode good, and flexed ok(for a 2" lift). All I needed for mine with 3" in front and 4" in the rear was to relocate the front brake line brackets, and make an extension for the rear brake line bracket at the body.

almsot every company puts out a budget boost like you have, they are fairly easy to install to. For the rear the upper shock mount bolts are going to brake off so make sure u have a tap and a bunch of good drill bits handy. For the front you just have to disconnct enough stuff so you can get your axel to drop enough so u can remove your coils. do not use coil spring compressors as they are dangerous. other then that you should be good. For tires, they will rub your lca's in the front at full steering lock with stock back spaceing. they may also rub your splash guards and fenders when stuffed

Back