• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brakes rumbling and making tons of noise

xjbmx

NAXJA Forum User
When i am in a parking lot (or anywhere low speed) i hear a contant rumbling/rubbing noise coming from the front brakes, i can step on the brake pedal and it stops. Keep in mind the brakes have gotten new brake pads not too long ago. The rotors dont seem to be warped because the the brake pedal doesnt pulse when i press it. Please help this is very annoying!

Grinding noise or screeching? If it is screeching, they might be glazed up.

How did your rotors look? Is there any sand b/t the pads/rotors? If the pads and rotors look good, the sound might not be coming from the brakes.

imma honky said:
How did your rotors look? Is there any sand b/t the pads/rotors? If the pads and rotors look good, the sound might not be coming from the brakes.

The rotors and pads are good, but i am sure its coming from the brakes cause when i step on them the noise imediatly stops.

I'd say the front wheel bearing/hub assembly.

Sure sounds like bearings to me too - my 92 does that when I hit the brakes at slow speeds, and I know rotors are warped, I get the pulsating, the Brute Stop pads I put on it are fine, just too hard for the rotors which warped them I'm sure. Will turn them and put easier pads on.

Yea, bearings, when you push the brakes on they take up some of the tension and swing the wheel back up in line with the axles....front wheel drive cars do it all the time...

Jack up one front tire at a time and grab the top and bottom and shake the crapola out of it to see if you can feel any play in the bearings. also shake 'em front to rear. Post what you find out.

Back