• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good 31's for $100 or less??

fordtech

NAXJA Forum User
anyone got recommendations? Im looking for a good 31" AT for 100 or less. I would consider muds, but I need siping. This is my DD and I encounter rain, snow, and ice along with highway speeds. Just picking you brains!

Thanks!

The cheapest I have seen was at BJ's Wholesale, we picked up BFG AT/KO's, 31x10.50's for $128 a tire mounted, balanced and roadhazarded two weeks ago.

i run retreads from http://www.high-tec-retreading.com/..they are the OTR MUD

got 5 ..31x10.5x15 for 325 bucks.......cant beat that if ya know what i mean....they perform well off road......do well in the rain......not too loud at highway speeds suprisingly..havent got to test em out i the snow yet....hmm......and i know they are re treads but he has a warrenty with them and they all match....its not like you get 5 tires that are all mis matched...lol.......they azre all the same skin.....

i hope this helps as its a cheap alt to spending big bucks on mud tires.

:us: :wave: :us:

You might try a websearch for Fate tires. When I was shopping for tires the shop I went to had 31s in that brand for around $90 each. I ran a set of Fate brand tires on an old daily driver beater because they only cost $150 for the whole set. Those tires lasted for around 40k miles. I was very pleased with the ride and wear life from them. I believe they are imported from Brazil, but I may be wrong.

Ive considered Cooper st's, BFG AT's, Mickey Thompson MTX, Trxus, and big O xt's. These are all in the same price range, 130-140 ea around town. I cant get the Big O's I had on my yj, noone in ny seems to have them in any brand name, too bad I liked them and they were under 100.

Watch the ads in 4wd magazines for when Pro-Comp runs their "buy 3 get 1 free" promotion. I think they still occassionally do it. I got my 4-31" mud terrains last year for about $360 (I think) through a Pro-Comp dealer. If you want siping, the all-terrains are probably even cheaper.

blackdogxj said:
when i got tires i went with Sport King A/T's they are a great tire...this is my 4th set of them...for 31's it cost me $86 a tire...its a cheap spin off of BFG mud terrian.

I ran 32's on my Taco and they wore great and done good on/off road. I paid about $110 for 32's. I think they sell 31's for around 95 or less here.

Jason

Walmart has those Liberators made by BFG just with another name on it. They also have that cool warrenty where if you cut it open they replace it. I decided to try that out the same day I got them when I cut my sidewall on misplaced scrap metal on the trail. Something like $88 a tire.

Pirelli Scorpion AT's. I had 30s on my last XJ and they seemed to work well.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...alse&partnum=105SR5SCORATOWL&fromCompare1=yes

pi_scorpion_at.jpg

Back