• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ok how about lift

elephantrider1

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 3inch lift[ springs front add a leaf rear] 32x11.50x15 tires isway bar drop brackets drop pitman arm.im going to add a 2 inch spacer front 2 inch schackles rear what else will i need to make this thing ride good and wheel good in the woods

How 'bout longer control arms and a reg'lar pitman arm for starters??

Longer shocks and brakelines, swaybar disconnects, adjusted bumpstops and steering stops, possibly an SYE and DC/CV driveshaft. Others will be chiming in...

i have longer shocks they came with my lift and what do you mean regular pitman arm i just bought a drop pitman for it and what does moving the bumbstops do for me

bumpstops stop the axle from going up into the body...the square plastic things.. people extend them when the lift and run bigger tires so the tires dont rip off the fenders,..

keith

And unless you drop the trac bar mount at the frame to match the drop pitman arm, you'll get bump steer. Not trying to flame you, but spend some time searching what other's have done for lifts before you spend hard earned cash on something you won't like. Measure once, cut twice I always say. I never do it, but I always say it. :)

sgtmack said:
And unless you drop the trac bar mount at the frame to match the drop pitman arm, you'll get bump steer. Not trying to flame you, but spend some time searching what other's have done for lifts before you spend hard earned cash on something you won't like. Measure once, cut twice I always say. I never do it, but I always say it. :)

yep, the pitman arm won't be needed.

sgtmack said:
Measure once, cut twice I always say. I never do it, but I always say it. :)

I would rather measure twice and cut once. :D

trackbar and mount - adjustable
lower and upper control arms - adjustable

send the DPA back - im runnin 5.5" front end on stock pittman arm...
YJ brake lines or at least re-bend the ones you have...

Back