• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Simple Rubicon Express Axle Shim Questions

MontanaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just got all of the RE parts for my DPG/RE Hybird 5" and was going thru everything and noticed that the 4* axle shims that came with it in place of the t-case drop have a hole that is smaller than the leaf spring pins. Is this to be expected? Do I just drill the hole out to 3/8"?

Wait a minute here,those are probably meant to be bolted to the spring pack!
My Bad,missed the 3/8 notation,you should be good to go!

Last edited:
Did you request the shims on place of the T-Case Drop? I have the same kit on the way but it has the drop comng with it. You ae doing the SYE right? I guess thats why... guess I answered my own questions huh.

I got the DPG part of the kit delivered 2 days ago. I'm still waiting for the RE part. How many days were between the two for yours?

Beej said:
Could you define "woller"? I wasn't aware that it was a word, common usage, technical, colloquial or otherwise...
B.

WOW, another word comes to mind right now, but seeing how we are lacking a sense of humor I'll just leave it alone.

Alaskaflyr said:
WOW, another word comes to mind right now, but seeing how we are lacking a sense of humor I'll just leave it alone.
Oops, I guess I left out the smilies. :D I was actually hoping to hear a definition, I didn't mean to criticize! Don't you know us Canadians have a built in sense of humour that runs generations deep? For crying out loud, look where we live! (and look how we spell "humour") So again, what's a woller?

Well, there are a couple of good things you Canadians contribute to society! Beer and Hockey!

In the twelve years I've been a helicopter mechanic we have used the word Woller (to make an exsisting hole bigger) Real word, I doubt it! but I also use the word catywompus, I guess thats because the school I attended to become a helicopter mechanic was in North Carolina!

Happy New Year

Woller (aka wallow) is whatcha do when you have a smaller drill bit than the hole you need, so you wobble the drill around while the bit is spinning..."wollering" it out to a larger size. For some reason, although it remains a practice commonly used it is one that the bosses don't talk about ;)

Harvo said:
Did you request the shims on place of the T-Case Drop? I have the same kit on the way but it has the drop comng with it. You ae doing the SYE right? I guess thats why... guess I answered my own questions huh.

I got the DPG part of the kit delivered 2 days ago. I'm still waiting for the RE part. How many days were between the two for yours?

I did swap the t-case drop for 4* shims and now that I have actually reviewed the instructions it does actually say that you have to drill out the hole in the shim. Duh. I will be running an AA SYE and HAD drive-shaft. The RE parts were ordered on a Monday and got to MT on Thursday. The DPG stuff has yet to arrive. Hopefully tommorow.

Back