• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB antenna mount

Depends on what kind of holes you want. a no holes approach can use a Z shaped bracket that goes in between the hood and fender. Another is a bracket that goes between a rear tail light and body but sticks out, easy to peel off on a tree or such. Radio shack used to have a clip on that attached to the rain gutter but I have not seen them around for 4 or 5 years now. A magnetic mount is another option. I use a mag mount on the roof when I carry one, otherwise it sits in the cellar until needed...

The best place for best operation is the exact center of the vehicle. Altough it's not usually not a consideration when mounting an antenna for our applacation. If I could do it again it would have been on the roof with magnet. That way if it does get nocked off at least it doesn't do any damage to the sheet metal. Also you might try a nice soft spring at the base, that way it flexes insted of pulling the magnet off. Go to Firestick.com [not a link] and look around they have more mounts, and info than you can imagine, and they make good antennas too, the Wilson 1000 is a great antenna, but it's a loaded desine that may or may not be appealing to your eye.

Firestik.com has the best selection of brackets and mounts. Very good antennas also. Wilson 1000 is the only magnet mount to get, the others have cheaper magnets that don't stay on. You can remove your overhead console or dome light and access the underside of the roof to drill a hole for a permanent mount. Run the cable across the headliner to the side and then down to the floor behind the plastic trim.

Tim_MN said:
Firestik.com has the best selection of brackets and mounts. Very good antennas also. Wilson 1000 is the only magnet mount to get, the others have cheaper magnets that don't stay on. You can remove your overhead console or dome light and access the underside of the roof to drill a hole for a permanent mount. Run the cable across the headliner to the side and then down to the floor behind the plastic trim.
Thanks for the correct spelling, here is a link for you to make it even easier.http://www.firestik.com/index.htm Another spot to exit the vehicle is one of the plastic plugs behind the tail lights. Then just run the wire up the lip for the rear hatch and over to the antenna, and use some of these little stick on wire guides. If you tie to any of the cross bars on the rack it will howl at highway speeds though, I had that problem on the zj anyways.

I just got this mount and a 4' firestik II off ebay yesterday (getting stuff for NAC fest)

mkm2.jpg

Looks like it'd work well inbetween the gass lid and the rear tail light- or in that area somewhere

Back