• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP205 fittment in an XJ

90KrawlerXJ

NAXJA Member #1067
How do I be brief enough? I have a NP 205 (much sought after geardrive) T case out of a '79 Ford F-250. I plan on working this in to my 90 XJ. I plan on small block Chevy power and a T350 or T400 trans. 1'st Q: will the Ford 205 bolt to either? I am also going to run a D60 front that I'm converting from center diff. to driver's side drop. I plan to use Chevy (due to the inherent strength of the 35 spline stubs and 6 bolt knuckles) standard axle parts meaning the driver's tube will be shortened and the passengers tube will be removed and a longer tube installed. I know everything that needs to be done to the axle, I just want to know if anyone has done this, and if the drivelines will matchup?

I was trying to be as brief as poss. I have an empty D60 rear housing I got on Ebay. It's a centered diff that I'm going to cut-down on the drivers side; remove the short passenger tube and replace it with a longer tube on the pass. side.

Back