• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Few basic questions about a 92 XJ

muddy92xj

NAXJA Forum User
It has 82k on it. Paid 1200 for it. Has a 4.0 and a auto. I think it is a AW4. How many miles can i get out of it doe you think? What kind of MPG will i get? What should be done before i put it back on the road? Been sitting a while. From what little i know. It runs good. If i sell it is 1200 a fair price? Any help would be very Appreciated.

Thanks a lot mike

muddy92xj said:
How many miles can i get out of it doe you think?
400,000 if you maintain it...300,000 if you don't.

muddy92xj said:
What kind of MPG will i get?

Somewhere between 12 and 25.

muddy92xj said:
What should be done before i put it back on the road? Been sitting a while.

Nothing if it runs fine. Change all the fluids, pump up the tires and go.

That is a good deal. I paid $7K(canadian) for my 92 with 130K miles

muddy92xj said:
What should be done before i put it back on the road?
Thanks a lot mike
Agree about changing all fluids. In addition, I would carefully go through the brakes before driving. If a car stalls out it is inconvenient. If the brakes no workie ....
Sounds like you got a great deal depending on the shape of the body and interior.

Well, i did a dumb thing, i was looking at it just as it was getting dark and i missed a few things. It is a 2dr. Doors sag a bit. I guess they are heavy?? There is rusty rockers. Other then that it is in good shape. Runs nice. thanks for the replys.

mike

muddy92xj said:
How many miles can i get out of it doe you think?
Everyone around here says it can easily go 200k before the first rebuild, just take care of it and it'll run forever.
muddy92xj said:
What kind of MPG will i get?
I generally see about 15 city/17-20 highway in my 96.
muddy92xj said:
What should be done before i put it back on the road? Been sitting a while. From what little i know. It runs good. If i sell it is 1200 a fair price? Any help would be very Appreciated.
I bought my 96 with 95k miles on it for $4500 with a cranky NSS. They replaced the water pump cuz it went bad on a test drive. I'd say you could probably get more than $1200 on yours with such low mileage, assuming its in decent shape. Just cut out the rockers and get sliders.

I paid $2200- for my '94 and it needed a transfer case.
dailydriver.jpg

Back