• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

REAL Cheromanche pictures

Why not just use a Comanche cab clip, section the lower part of the rear door with a cut from the lower front door which would loose the dog leg? Make it hard to tell it was changed

Beezil said:
nice and saggy.

werd.gif

Wonder what the break over angle is on that rig. Heck it looks like I sat in it.

Definately unique. You should enter it in the rig of the month contest:laugh3:

in that case...i'm glad i dont have a REAL cherokee.

cheers,

jj

Now that has to be the scariest rig I have seen on this board. Yikes!

I was holding back because he obviously put a lot of work into it. Sometimes it's better to not comment. I'll just say that it still has potential if it gets lifted with big enough tires to make it look proportional.

It's OK.. I can take the criticism. :)

It's not saggy. It's an optical dillusion. The bed is not bolted down and doesn't have the spacers in it and is tilted on it's own accord. Plus the back of the cab kicks up at the bottom behind the doors. Add that to my tilty driveway and the front end needing to be lifted it looks saggy.. but she be not.

I nested the "frames" together and braced them each with a piece of 1/4" X 2.5" X 2.5"
angle iron 4 feet long.

Why:

Because I needed a pickup.
Everything I could afford sucked.
Everything I wanted I couldn't afford.

I COULD afford a smashed 98 Cherokee.
I COULD ALSO afford an 87 Comanche.
My labor is free.

Now let's be honest, if you hate it that cool. If you love it that's cool(er). But I did it.

Could you?

Feel free to criticize.. CLEARLY I am not done yet! ;)

I want to see pictures when you've got the whole thing done, is 2 1/2x2 1/2 x 1/4" enough to really hold that rig together?(It's awfully long....) I would have thought that a longer piece of 4-5" x 1/4 would be a better choice for that use, do you have photos of the work you did on the uni frame?

As long as its safe. I will give you this...it has the potential to look much better than the 4dr S10 or ford product.

And no....I could do it. So props for that. When you get it done then post the before and after. I'm sure you catch some eyeball then.

Back