PDA

View Full Version : Next Snowrun

XJourney
December 26th, 2004, 10:40
Alright I hope everyone had Happy Holidays and/or A Good Christmas.
But now that they are done or are close to being done.

Lets start getting ready for another unoffical snow run for January.

We will run FS 62, Jacks Pass or Old Stevens pass, depending on the weather.
(they are all along US2 in Wa)

I think that meeting at Dennys in Monroe at 9:00am works good for everyone.

Mandatory equipment:
Recovery points
Recovery strap (no hooks)
Fire Extingisher
First aid kit
Good tires Plus a spare
Warm cloths
Food (lunch)
Good Attitude

Suggested Equipment:
Shovel
CB
Spare Parts
Tire Chains
Hi Lift Jack
Extra food
Sled

So what weekends in January will work for you? I think all will work for me.
I would prefer Saturdays I like to rest/repair on Sundays. :repair:

XJCasper
December 27th, 2004, 01:55
I almost made this same post last night.

The later in the month the more likely I can get the weekend off. I will try to get my cousin to come along and my CB hooked up in time.

Anywhere with a rockslide or other fun obstacles would work. Hopefully I can get my lift finished by then.

Jason

Sniggs
December 27th, 2004, 12:34
The weekend of the 22nd would be perfect for us.

Okay if the Scrambler tags along? I KNOW I won't have a lift by then...
:)

oh...don't eat at Denny's...food was terrible... :(

XJCasper
December 27th, 2004, 12:56
We picked up McD's on the way. I enjoyed Andy coming along. He has alot more experience than I do.

2xtreme
December 27th, 2004, 21:51
I think the 22nd would work for me also. I vote on Jacks pass again (I am not sure that we will get much of a trip out of the old hi way if there is no more bridge (unless someone else has more info). I also vote that we meet somewhere with a larger parking lot. I should of pointed it out on the way up there but there is a place farther along (must be Sultan I think) called the Dutch Cup, it has decent food (much better than denny's) and it has a very large parking lot that works well for meeting up with others. You can not miss it, it has a very large blue colored dutch wind mill on the sign. I can get a specific address if we need it closer to time.

Also, I will try to bring more of the family this time, maybe the wife and all 3 kids (have to see closer to time). I also need to get the CB fixed, fan wired, winch wired and a few other things fixed up before I head back out. Should be able to get it all done by then.

Mich(I think my brother might meet us also with his truck or quad)ael

XJourney
December 27th, 2004, 22:58
Alright the 22nd is good with me. And sure lets meet at the Dutch Cup at 9:00 am. And I would love to try Jacks pass again, maybe even make it to the top.(depending on snow level)

How does everyone feel about stopping and having a group dinner/NW Naxja Meeting on our way down. Maybe stop in Goldbar,Sultan,or Monroe?

I think I will pickup a set of chains this time :twak:

Hey Mike is your friend Scott interested in selling his chains or did he return them?

Oh and my wife will be attending as well.

XJCasper
December 27th, 2004, 23:42
I will submit the days off at work on Thursday. My wife wants to go, but doesn't really want to take the boys along. We might only bring the oldest.

Dinner sounds good, even though I am technically still not a NAXJA member. Only paid my dues, not assigned a number.

Hmm...

I am debating if I should get another set of chains for the rear.

I hope to have my CB installed, and my lift finished. If I am lucky I will be able to figure out what I need to get this Air Compressor installed.

My cousin wasn't able to make it a couple weekends ago, so he is trying his best to get up this time.

Later
Jason

Sniggs
December 28th, 2004, 10:50
Dutch Cup is a good place to meet both ways - Food isn't bad so a dinner there (on the way back) is a great idea. I paid my dues too but don't yet have my number.

The more CBs we have, the better...easier than hopping in and out all the time!

I got a shackle for my trailer hitch for Christmas (Thanks, Andy!). No one bought me a lift though... ;)

XJCasper
December 28th, 2004, 12:57
To get my lift, I had to buy my own Christmas present.

XJourney
December 28th, 2004, 15:04
You don't have to be a member to attend any of NW NAXJA meetings. All are invited. Even if you aren't going on the snowrun you could come and meet us on our way down. Does the Dutch Cup have an area to gather 12 or so people? Or should we eat in Monroe at??????

Sniggs
December 28th, 2004, 15:25
Yes, the Dutch cup has an area but we will need to call ahead and make sure they reserve it for us in the evening. They might already have a group in the banquet room (Saturday mornings are booked).

A buck or so extra (per person) to the wait staff also goes a long way to good service there...FYI.

Sniggs
December 28th, 2004, 16:45
HEYHEYHEY! Look at my screen name! I'm a REAL Newbie now!!

...maybe now I can get down to some business huh? ;)

XJCasper
December 28th, 2004, 21:50
O crap, Me too! LOL. I should put it on my Licsense Plate. But my oldest wants SPIDER.

2xtreme
December 30th, 2004, 09:16
Absolutely. Lets make it a longer day, and stop in Monroe for dinner (we might be able to get more people in Monroe than at the Dutch cup.

22nd is great for me. I suspect Scott will also come, and I have invited another friend of mine, he has a Chevy not a jeep though:( . Anyway, You can get the chains scott and I have at any Costco for about $65 a set.

I am hoping to bring all 3 kids (7, 5, and 2) and the wife. We will have to see closer to time.

Michael

XJourney
December 31st, 2004, 00:25
Micheal, Where would you suggest in Monroe to eat dinner?

Sniggs
January 2nd, 2005, 11:40
*Bumping* this thread.

For those that would like to see pics from the last trip, I've posted the photos that I have at: http://home.comcast.net/~mr_sniggly/wsb/html/view.cgi-photos.html-.html

We're just a few weeks away! :)

XJCasper
January 10th, 2005, 23:31
I am giving this thread a bump because:

I got the 22nd off of work.

This time, my cousin is coming. Another local XJ owner is hoping to come, but I don't know that he is going to be able to get all of his recovery equipment.

So where are we going? Logging roads? Rock slides? Mud Slides?

My lift is going to be started tomorrow. Got the Air tanks back from the powdercoater. Getting my hands on some other protection equipment. Unless I get lucky and my cousin and I can get the lift on tomorrow and Wed night, I doubt I will be able to get the CB installed.

Jason

2xtreme
January 11th, 2005, 07:29
Jason, I can't wait to see you and the new lift!! I will be there (still hoping the whole family will come) and Scott is planning on it with his jeep. My brother will probably be there either with his XJ (he just bought) or with his 6x6 polaris. I also have a couple of other friends that might join us if they get their trucks done.

With the amount of snow that is now on all of the roads I think we should have plenty of difficulty at Jacks Pass. I think we should head up there again and that way there is plenty of room for all of the trucks, kids can bring sleds, everyone bring a lunch and we can have tons of fun.

Who else is in and howmany maybe's do we have?

Michael

Sniggs
January 11th, 2005, 10:17
Jason, I can't wait to see you and the new lift!!

Who else is in and howmany maybe's do we have?

Michael
Me too, Jason! Excited to see what you do with your rig! :)

Andy and I will be there also - we're not too sure if the Scrambler's going to make it. There's some question (by Andy) about the condition of his tires but HEY! I could always use a "Shotgun" rider!

We meet at the Dutch Cup in the morning right? Would it be better to say 8:45 to 9:00 instead? We all seemed to be delayed 'cause we had to top our tanks off. (??)

Am I the only Stock rig going?

XJCasper
January 11th, 2005, 12:08
My cousins is closer to stock than yours is.

2xtreme
January 11th, 2005, 13:34
next week when we have closer to a confirmed group of people and rigs we should set a difinitive time/place. In my mind earlier is better, but I do not have a long drive so it does not affect me as much.

If we meet at the Dutch Cup everyone should have gassed up by then (Monroe is much better to get gas than Sultan or others.

Are we still planning on doing a dinner afterwards?

My brothers rig is stock also (if he brings it). The major limiting factor on the stock rigs is going to be ground clearance and pushing snow. They will have to go closer to the back of the line than last trip. Particularly with the amount of snow we should have this time.

Looking forward to it!!
Michael

smallxj
January 11th, 2005, 17:27
i would be able to go if you guys went the 23 i was up at jacks pass last weekend and there is alot of new snow i was plowing with my bumper and couldnt make it to the top

XJourney
January 11th, 2005, 17:38
I will be there. Yea I think meeting at the Dutch Cup at 8:45-9:00am is a good idea. And we will have dinner afterwards for those who want to. Should we get the conference room at the Dutch Cup?

Smallxj: you said that you were plowing with your bumper. Your XJ isn't small right? Sounds like a blast to me.

paul_xj04
January 11th, 2005, 19:41
no mikes heep is on 4.5" lift and 35 MTRS

XJCasper
January 11th, 2005, 21:00
Currently, we are planning on dropping off the boys and meeting my cousin. Later would be better for us. 9:00. I presume you guys will be on Channel 4. I still have Hans' phone number.

My lift kit should be done by Friday. If so, my CB goes in Monday or Tuesday. Doubt Air Compressor will make it in.

XJourney
January 11th, 2005, 21:30
Yea if anyone wants my cell # (360) 220-6265. So if you're late or your heep broke you can call me and give us a heads up.

Jason 9:00am is fine for me too I also have a long drive.

smallxj
January 11th, 2005, 21:38
no mikes heep is on 4.5" lift and 35 MTRS
its a little bigger than that there pauly its aroud 6 or 7 zj 4.5 coils with 2 inch pucks so it was pretty deep its really deep in the ditchs corner of my hood deep hope you guys have fun

XJCasper
January 17th, 2005, 01:45
Well, lift is in the works. Waiting for some rear shackle bushings. Mine were a little corroded.

Also, due to corrosion and rust, ALL four upper shock mounts have busted off. Have not seen the damage. My cousin is working on ideas for a fix. Anybody have any ideas to help us out?

Thanks
Jason

ECKSJAY
January 17th, 2005, 08:00
Also, due to corrosion and rust, ALL four upper shock mounts have busted off. Have not seen the damage. My cousin is working on ideas for a fix. Anybody have any ideas to help us out?

Thanks
Jason

Bar pin eliminators and shock conversions?

2xtreme
January 17th, 2005, 10:59
Well, lift is in the works. Waiting for some rear shackle bushings. Mine were a little corroded.

Thanks
Jason

Jason do a search on the forums there are lots of info on this problem and several different fixes. I assume the fronts are fine. I suspect you mean the top 4 bolts for the rear shocks are striped? do a search, you should find several ideas. Best of Luck
Michael

XJCasper
January 17th, 2005, 13:41
This is Front and back. I will go inspect the damage tonight.

2xtreme
January 17th, 2005, 14:53
This is Front and back. I will go inspect the damage tonight.

Never heard of anyone haveing any issues with the front shock mounts. They should be easy to fix if there are any problems. It is the upper back mounts that are normally problems. These are the ones I recomend you search for finding a fix for. The fronts you should be able to find multiple relatively easy solutions.

Best of Luck,
Michael

XJCasper
January 17th, 2005, 23:01
When explaining it to me, I was confused. I think Brian was excited and dissapointed at the same time. He combined issues on the phone. With the lack of millage this Jeep has, it is overly corroded around the suspension. In the front, bolts did not break free, they snapped. In the rear, the issue is with the bolts and the shock mounts. Looks like he has a fix. I am going over tomorrow to take care of the small stuff such as gaining access to the mounts by pulling carpet. If my supplies arrive tomorrow, I will be running the airlines while the carpets are out.

Thank you guys

See you on Saturday (hopefully)

Jason

Sniggs
January 18th, 2005, 22:24
Okay everyone, I hope you have been watching the latest news (Weather reports). The last 48 hours have brought a LOT of rain to the area - mainly to the snowpack. This has flooded many of the Cascade rivers including the Skykomish. We may end up running in MUD instead of snow...

I spoke to a friend of mine that lives in Goldbar (on the way to Jack's Pass) and he's going to try to run up past Index and see if the road we were on is even open anymore.

Remember the Gate beyond the landslide and the Road closed signs? Speculation is the Forest Service has closed the road for fear of avalanches. Ron drives an old Power Wagon and shouldn't have any trouble getting through. He said he will let me know tomorrow or Thursday.

Do we have an alternate if this route is closed? Perhaps Reiter's?

XJourney
January 18th, 2005, 23:10
Yea I have been watching the weather reports and wondering how it will be up at Jacks Pass. The freezing level is at 9000 feet so I am sure it has just been pouring up there. As far as the avalache danger, it probably isn't that high where we are were last time, not much open slope and not very deep snow. (but I could be wrong)
I wonder what kinda snow melt has gone up there at Jacks Pass, maybe our only chance to get to the top this winter. :wierd:

I just looked on NWAC: they say that it is a moderate avalanche danger below 6000 feet and decreasing in danger.

2xtreme
January 19th, 2005, 14:26
I am up for anything. Reiter is a very good alternative if Jack's pass is closed for some reason. The only problem is the diversity in rigs makes it more difficult to all stay together at Reiter pit instead of in the snow. But either way we can make it work. My guess is there is probably still plenty of snow up there as long as there is no legal reason we can not get up there. We will have to make these judgements over the next few days and see.

What was the concensus? Dutch cup at 9:00am??

If we do Reiter instead of a Snow run we need to decide at least a day before so that we can bring the right tools, spare parts, etc.

I think I might need to re-prioritize the list of things I need to do to the jeep before this trip if we are going to Reiter Pit!! :)

Michael

XJCasper
January 19th, 2005, 16:23
I have been watching weather reports. I have been concerned about avalanche, but even more concerned about mud and rock slides. Considering the road on the way up, anything could change. If plans change, let me know what I need to bring and let me know far enough in advance that we can have enough time to get there. Otherwise, I remember approximately where Gold Bar is. Will just have to find the Dutch Cup. Shouldn't be too hard. LOL.

As for my lift. Corrosion on the Jeep has continually slowed things down. Now my cousin split his finger on the shackle.

Hopefully we will be together by Saturday.

Jason

Sniggs
January 19th, 2005, 17:05
Jason, The Dutch Cup is a restaurant in Sultan which is the next town east of Monroe (About 8 miles, I believe). The restaurant is on the left hand side as you start to climb the hill to leave town. Look for the Big (fake) Windmill on the left. You turn right in front of it.

I talked to Ron a little while ago. He was able to drive beyond the landslide (the water level was a little high but not too bad - he didn't have to drive through any). He said he made it all the way to that wide area with all the little trails that lead to fun places. He didn't go up the pass 'cause he didn't want to go up alone (no recovery vehicle). No snow where he was - just mud puddles. He thinks we should be okay as long as nobody closes the road between now and then. There were a LOT of mudslides down lower (near his house in Goldbar).

Weather report calls for more rain tomorrow but it's supposed to let up some on Friday thru Saturday morning.

I don't know what to tell you about setup for Reiter's...I guess you will have to do whatever is necessary to prepare for either case?

Anybody have an alternate? Maybe further up that Forest Service road we started on the last trip? I have a feeling that we will be okay but just in case...I hate to see those folks that have made the long drive miss out.

XJCasper
January 19th, 2005, 17:50
One of the nice things about this group is where one thing is forgotten or unprepared, someone else has an answer.

My son is ready to go, but my Jeep is not. Go figure.

Jason

Sniggs
January 19th, 2005, 18:54
Jason,
If you guys want to come anyway (if you can't get your rig up and running), I'm SURE we can make room, ok? I think Andy's bringing the Scrambler which opens up MY right seat and I can leave the back seat open...I certainly dont bite, much and I won't eat Chili or Beans Friday night (I promise!) ;)

XJCasper
January 19th, 2005, 19:33
Thank you. I took the day off of work, so we are definately going to be there. Since my cousin is comming, we might only need one seat.

I was in bad shape last night (not enough drinking. j/k). I could not help with the Jeep. Currently I am waiting for a phone call from my cousin to say "I am headed home. Meat me at my place". I want this thing on the road tonight or tomorrow.

Jason

XJourney
January 19th, 2005, 20:38
Yea lets meet at 9:00am @ Dutch Cup and then my vote is Jack's Pass if not Rieter Pit. Well atleast the flood warnings are subsiding so I don't think that they would close the road. They generally don't close off the backcountry even during high avalache danger. But I guess we will pack incase of either trip. I just hope that it doesn't pour on us because :Rain + wet snow=wet, wet, wet socks :wierd:
Does anyone know their way around Reiter??

We are still having dinner afterwards right, maybe discuss alittle club business.

XJCasper
January 19th, 2005, 21:19
Dinner sounds good in either situation.

Jason

2xtreme
January 19th, 2005, 21:44
I agree, Jacks Pass most likely. I would hate for there to be less snow than last time, but I think we should be able to make that work and enjoy it for the entire group. If there is no snow up there to speek of we could head back down to Reiter Pit. It is not that far from there and I know my way around it well enough to get into seriouse trouble there :).

Either way we will have plenty of fun and yes we should plan dinner afterwards. I vote Monroe for dinner rather than the Dutch cup. There should be a Denny's or other step or two nicer that is still convenient for large crouds and kids. I will probably have 1 or 2 of my kids but not the 2 year old or my wife. Also Scott will probably not make it but I have two others that probably will be there with their trucks.

No major difference in stuff to pack but Reiter will be MUDDY and less cold. More recovery gear less chains. Does that Help? :)

Michael

XJourney
January 19th, 2005, 22:08
What is there to eat in Monroe??
I am not a big fan of denny's
Maybe an Billy Macales, Applebees or something along those lines. Nothing too expensive or too cheap. I have a hour and a half drive home, and don't want to stop at every rest stop :gag:

oh sorry (overshare) :twak:

Hey what about Buzz Inn Steak House? Is it any good?

2xtreme
January 20th, 2005, 12:28
That was my point. There is a good selection of places in Monroe to choose from. Denny's, Buzz Inn (never been), Applebees, several others that I can not think of off the top of my head.

Michael

XJourney
January 21st, 2005, 10:09
Lets make it Applebees at 6:00pm for dinner. That way if anyone wants to come up and meet us for dinner/meeting they can join us. I know of one person who isn't wheeling with us but would like to meet us for dinner. How does that sound??

Sniggs
January 21st, 2005, 13:35
We're in - :)

Andy and I will be at the Dutch cup for breakfast at around 8:00-8:15. I will let the folks at the front desk know that we're Jeepers (they hear it all the time).

Just ask them where we are - you are welcome to join us for breakfast (if you wish). We will park near the Windmill. Mine is a Red '99 XJ with Yakima Racks on top and Andy's is a black Scrambler.

For some reason, I can't get to NAXJA from home (again) :( but I can get here from work. Do they block IPs? I should be able to check back by "tunneling" in through work. If not, I'll see Y'all tomorrow...

Mark

2xtreme
January 21st, 2005, 16:10
Dinner at 6 sounds good and Applebees should work great.

I will see you guys at the Dutch cup at just before 9:00am, Full of gas. I will have a friend of mine riding shot gun and 3 kids (all girls 5-8 years old). My brother will also be meeting us up there. He doesnt have the title for his jeep yet so he will bringing a big dodge van with a 6 wheel quad runner.

Scott will not be attending this time unfortunately.

See you guys in the morning.
Michael

XJourney
January 21st, 2005, 22:39
STEVE CLEAR YOUR PM BOX

Steve I wasn't sure you had my number, it is 360 220-6265

Are you coming JMotorsprt?

XJCasper
January 22nd, 2005, 00:52
I just got home from work. It is 1 am. I am going to be over to my cousins at 6 to replace the U-joints. Hopefully we will be there on time. Whether my Jeep is up or not, I think we will be comming. My wife and oldest son will be with me if we bring our Jeep.

Applebee's at 6:00 sounds good.

Michael, Can you call me at 360-789-0064 if you get this message before 7:00 am? I need to ask you about the alingment. If I am awake, it will be on.

Jason

XJourney
January 22nd, 2005, 07:11
Jason the main thing you need to adjust is toe. You can use a tape measure to do it temporaily.
1 Turn your wheels straight
2 find a tread line that is straight and goes around the whole tire.
3 measure on the front side of the tire between the tread lines, note measurment.
4 measure on the back side of the tire at the SAME tread line.
the front needs to ONLY be about 1/4 in or less narrower.

We can always do it in the parking lot at the dutch cup

XJourney
January 23rd, 2005, 09:40
Well we ended up going to Reiter instead of Jacks Pass due to lack of snow. We had a great time showing a few stock cherokees(with sways hooked up)what they could do right off the showroom floor.(with a little spotting of course) Hell even I was very inpressed, we took them through stuff I would have never tried when I was stock. So big kudos to Mark and Brain.
Sorry guys no big carnage other than just a radiator/clutch fan clearance issue for Mike. :repair: So we had a few pit stops on our way to dinner,where the restuarant motto was "Alot of food with a little service." But the comradely was excellent with this group.

I didn't get alot of photos but I will post this one so the next reply isn't
"this thread is worthless without pictures"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/xjourney/ReiterPit2005016.jpg

A big thanks to: Mark, Mark, Jason, Brian, Andy, Mike(for the excellent spotting) and all the passangers who names I can't remember. :wave:

2xtreme
January 23rd, 2005, 14:17
I hope everyone else made it home safe and sound!!
I got home with no other issues. Looks like the temporary radiator fix is holding water. I flushed it out last night and have cleaned the truck up to start working on it again tonight. I plan on pulling the radiator and finding the best/cheapest permanent solution (without replacing the whole thing again). Put the new modified fan clutch back on (thanks andy) and seeing if I can be ready for another run in the near future!!

I will let you guys know how it goes. I expect to have a CD full of pic's soon from Tracy and will find a way to get them posted so you can all see them also.

Hans we need to find a way of posting all of the groups pic, maybe a website, maybe other, not sure. I am sure there are some experts in our group that could help with ideas so it is easier for all of us to get pics to the group? Just thinking outloud.

I was very impressed with the attitude of everyone and can not remember a more rewarding trip for myself, helping other learn what their trucks are capable of was really a lot of fun for me, thanks to everyone for the trip. We will have to do it again soon, maybe a SNOW run this time:)

Jason, let us know how the vibes go without the rear drivshaft!!

Michael

XJCasper
January 23rd, 2005, 14:35
Michael,

If Brian has not already called ya...

Last night when we got home I called to make sure he made it home alright. Traffic wasn't the best. I thought he was headed to bed. A couple hours later Brian calls saying the ride is great. He was passing the Log Cabin Tavern and the thing rides awesome as a FWD. Just too much torque.

So...

I am calling Tom Wood's in the morning. I want it done right.

Anyway, I got a call an hour ago. He was asking Danielle if it was ok to take the Jeep out. I haven't gotten a hold of him since then. LOL.

Later
Jason

Glenn B
January 23rd, 2005, 14:42
Sounds like you guys had a fun time. :)

If anybody is lacking a place to put pics, I can make some space on one of my servers. Either send em to me, FTP them up, or remind me tomorrow or whenever, I can toss up a photo gallery software for the stuff.
Glenn

XJourney
January 23rd, 2005, 15:28
Glad that you all made it home safe.

So another run huh, How about Feb 19th to Jacks Pass? There should be snow by then. Mid Feb "usually" has a decent amount of snow. Plus I will be in Leavenworth the weekend before so I will check out the conditions then.

Mike if you need any help on your jeep give me a pm, and I will help as much as I can.

Yea Glenn if you could set us up for pics it would be great. I reallydon't have any good one except the one from the Exxon in Sultan :gag:

2xtreme
January 23rd, 2005, 20:22
Glad that you all made it home safe.

I reallydon't have any good one except the one from the Exxon in Sultan :gag:

NICE :hang:

That's alright, I guarantee that it will come around eventually!!

Jason, sounds great. Sounds like a SYE of your choice should get you back on the road. You can always try the drop tranny and shims at least for a while if you want any advice or info on that I can pass it on for you.

Glenn, you probably the best expert on that stuff. I was just thinking if we could all send pic's to one place so that they could all be posted or something so we could all share in the memories and carnage:)

Yes, another very good trip. I am hoping to have the jeep done by the end of the week so that I am ready for the next trip.

Michael

XJourney
January 23rd, 2005, 20:49
NICE :hang:

That's alright, I guarantee that it will come around eventually!!

What are you talking about Michael??? :laugh3: I never mention you and Exxon in the same sentence, way to let the cat out of the bag. And to make it fair I will not even post any pics, we will pretend that it never happened. :wink

So on a side note how are you fixing you Rad?? Are you replacing the veins??
I have never fixed a rad and would love to know how

XJCasper
January 23rd, 2005, 23:24
My wife found and loaded the software for our camera on the computer. I am going to try and send Michael the pics from December and yesterday.

Hmm...

Feb 19th? SOUNDS GREAT!!! But I am never gonna get the Leave Time saved up to go to Moab in October.

2xtreme
January 24th, 2005, 08:30
So on a side note how are you fixing you Rad?? Are you replacing the veins??
I have never fixed a rad and would love to know how

Feb 19th works well for me, infact I tentatively have the whole family in on it (wife and 3 kids). Lets all pray for snow!!

My plan for the radiator. I have flushed it already. I will plug the bottom hose with a rag, fill the top with a rag around a hose and put as much water pressure as I can through it and make sure there are no more leaks. If there are then I will fix them with solder or JB weld (depends on if I can clean up the current JB weld or not), then test again. I will probably also do the same with air and water and make sure I do not have any leaks.

Put it back together without the fan and run it, watch the temp climb and make sure there are no issues.

Then put the "modified fan clutch" back on and run it on the street a few times around town to make sure all is well before I put it back on the trail.

Apparantly the motor mounts if worn can allow the motor to move that much and with those teeth sticking out in front and that strap it just made it all that much worse.

Michael

2xtreme
January 24th, 2005, 08:33
My wife found and loaded the software for our camera on the computer. I am going to try and send Michael the pics from December and yesterday.

Hmm...

Feb 19th? SOUNDS GREAT!!! But I am never gonna get the Leave Time saved up to go to Moab in October.

Jason, when do you work? Do you have normal days off or what is your schedule? are there better days for you to wheeling so you do not always have to take time off?

To be honest, I think I would rather do several trips local than 1 a year in Moab. Just my opinion. NW fest would be my priority, then a few other local trips a year.

Michael

XJourney
January 24th, 2005, 10:07
Michael also you can take a bicycle innertube and cut it and place the ends over both inlet and outlet of the radiator and secure with hose clamps. Make sure you use the part of the innertube with the valve stem and pressureize the rad. Hope that helps.

Micheal you want to start another thread for Feb 19th

XJCasper
January 24th, 2005, 12:17
Currently, my schedule is Mon-Wed off. Doesn't really work for anyone. I am trying to get a schedule change the will get me Sunday, Monday, off. But it will probably take about a year for that change. Thanks Michael, but my schedule is never convenient for anyone accept for myself (Love to get three days off).

I spend over an hour last night trying to get the pics downloaded last night. If finally got too late. Something is wrong with the software. Won't let me get the pics from the camerra. I am going to mess around with it for a little longer before I take off today.

Just got off the phone to Tom Wood's. I have to get back to him with what U-joint I have. This thing should be running by the beginning of next week.

Jason

2xtreme
January 24th, 2005, 13:43
Michael also you can take a bicycle innertube and cut it and place the ends over both inlet and outlet of the radiator and secure with hose clamps. Make sure you use the part of the innertube with the valve stem and pressureize the rad. Hope that helps.

Micheal you want to start another thread for Feb 19th

Great idea!! I will try that if I have a spare tube around (I should) if not I will try the rags and get a tube if that doesn't work. Thanks for the idea!!

I will start a new Feb 19th post here in a minute.

Michael

Sniggs
January 30th, 2005, 22:39
So...where is everyone's pictures?

Some of mine are here (Thanks for the shots, Jason!):

http://home.comcast.net/~mr_sniggly

XJourney
January 30th, 2005, 22:44
I just looked at your(Jason's) pics. Good job. I have only a handful and they were all dark yours were much better.

Mike what about your friend do you have his pics?

XJCasper
January 31st, 2005, 04:40
Dang. I can't figure out how to get these links to work.

Oh well, cut and paste.

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=ubh7kxj.dh9tv2v&x=0&h=1&y=-q3kcy4

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=ubh7kxj.8shfv2v&x=0&h=1&y=9lm9im

Sniggs
January 31st, 2005, 22:01
Dang. I can't figure out how to get these links to work.

Oh well, cut and paste.

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=ubh7kxj.dh9tv2v&x=0&h=1&y=-q3kcy4

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=ubh7kxj.8shfv2v&x=0&h=1&y=9lm9im

Jason, Is there a way you could give us a Private Message or email of the user ID and password for these?

Heck, if you just need a place to dump them, I can start a new Gmail account for the Northwest Chapter... you can send them to it and we can all share them (common password) ??

Maybe Hans has the inside scoop on a "Happy Dumping Ground" for us to submit photos (via upload)?

Just some ideas.

XJCasper
January 31st, 2005, 22:09
It sounds good to set up a folder or file to dump all of our pics.

Sniggs
January 31st, 2005, 22:13
Well...I just read somewhere that after 50 posts, I can upload pictures...

Maybe I should add a few more posts here, huh?

:D

XJourney
January 31st, 2005, 23:12
Maybe Hans has the inside scoop on a "Happy Dumping Ground" for us to submit photos (via upload)?

I claim to be computer iliterate.

Glenn is the man to talk to about that.