• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey One Ton or any other full-width guys

MuddyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was given a D60 with factory 3:73 gears and L/S and disc brakes. Is this something I can use to go full width or should I just sell it. I am debating doing this or just going beefier with my 30/35 combo.

Uh Beez, this is not MuddinXJ from IN.

Beezil said:
what year? what WMS-WMS?

thanks lesslimited.....sorry muddy. lets continue

I was just told by the guy that gave this axle to me that it is for the new F-150 so it might not be a 60. I will have to wait until the 12+ inches of snow and ice melts a little to get into my shed to measure the thing. I was wanting to at least take it off the pallet anyway.

I guess my long vacation from here got some confused.

MuddyXJ said:
I was just told by the guy that gave this axle to me that it is for the new F-150 so it might not be a 60. I will have to wait until the 12+ inches of snow and ice melts a little to get into my shed to measure the thing. I was wanting to at least take it off the pallet anyway.

I guess my long vacation from here got some confused.

you might wanna throw a post on the tech board, you'll get more responses.....we're not supposed to talk tech here anyhow, this board is reserved for flames only

MuddyXJ said:
I was just told by the guy that gave this axle to me that it is for the new F-150 so it might not be a 60.

Does it look like this?
It's an 8.8 from an f-150 with about 64" wms to wms and a 5x5.5 pattern...
DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

could possibly from a newer f250 or 350. its not the best one of the bunch but hey it works. my 60 is from a 79 f250 and is getting discs(must be nice to already have them).

yea beeze look closer at the names. he is muddy and im muddin.

damnit I want a name change. toooooo close

MuddinXJ said:
could possibly from a newer f250 or 350. its not the best one of the bunch but hey it works. my 60 is from a 79 f250 and is getting discs(must be nice to already have them).

yea beeze look closer at the names. he is muddy and im muddin.

damnit I want a name change. toooooo close

since you wouldn't listen you your elders about you and your rig.....

plan on running purgatory at winterfest.

no excuses.

MuddinXJ said:
kk. no problem. i want a challenge. need to wheel also. this must mean i should get my cage before winterfest then right? will do

well, what I'm really saying is that you need many YEARS of seat time on the other stuff before you try to fast-track into some sort of "big dog" mode by slapping on big axles, big tires and stuff....but since you insist....you will be expected to get your shit on the boulder runs.

make sure you know how to fix what you break!

Mark, Ford doesn't use 60's in the rear since the mid-late 80's. It's probably a Sterling 10.25. It's one hell of an axle, but I don't think there is a whole lot of aftermarket support for it. You'd probably save money in the long run by buying a 60 for $1-150 and building it.

Beezil said:
well, what I'm really saying is that you need many YEARS of seat time on the other stuff before you try to fast-track into some sort of "big dog" mode by slapping on big axles, big tires and stuff....but since you insist....you will be expected to get your shit on the boulder runs.

make sure you know how to fix what you break!

ok. i know i need years of exp. i am just planning on building all of my other stuff up and learning how to design a suspension before it goes underneath the tan thing. i'm hoping to break something. been awhile since i have. w/ beeze as my guide I shall break many a things and have fun while doing it.

MuddinXJ said:
ok. i know i need years of exp. i am just planning on building all of my other stuff up and learning how to design a suspension before it goes underneath the tan thing. i'm hoping to break something. been awhile since i have. w/ beeze as my guide I shall break many a things and have fun while doing it.
okay beeotch. you are mine!

(evil snicker)

MuddinXJ said:
ok. i know i need years of exp. i'm hoping to break something. been awhile since i have. w/ beeze as my guide I shall break many a things and have fun while doing it.

he's taking you to Berlin on Belmont and Sheffield isn't he?

:D

OneTonXJ said:
Mark, Ford doesn't use 60's in the rear since the mid-late 80's. It's probably a Sterling 10.25. It's one hell of an axle, but I don't think there is a whole lot of aftermarket support for it. You'd probably save money in the long run by buying a 60 for $1-150 and building it.

Thanks Sean. I was afraid of I had a POS freebie. So I guess I will just beef up the existing axles. Thanks for the thread highjack guys.

Gil BullyKatz said:
he's taking you to Berlin on Belmont and Sheffield isn't he?

:D

hey now, i have actually had some fun nights at berlin.

cheers,

jj

jjchgo said:
hey now, i have actually had some fun nights at berlin.

cheers,

jj

I worked security at Berlin and had some GREAT nights there...

a helluva better time than when I worked at gamekeepers :D

I'll tell ya 'bout it sometime

Back