• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing power doors

freewithfire

NAXJA Forum User
im sure you guys have heard this one before, but what do you do about removing doors with power windows and locks, do you have to just cut the wires or what?
thanks,
adam

count the nubmer of wires... and go to an electronics shop to find a plug pair to splice in... prefereably a weatherproof one iwtha cover (rubber plug) of sorts to protect it while doors are removed.

Kejtar

?????

I haven't felt the urge to remove my doors, but I have seen a few that other people had removed and I sort of recall that there was a wiring connection already there. It should be just forward of the A pillar, accessible by removing the trim panel alongside the footwell.

Not certain, but I don't think you have to cut the wires.

I checked behind that panel, and yes indeed there are already connectors.

Theres 1 2-wire connector for the speakers, and at least one more connector that was fairly large. I couldnt get that one off, but it was dark, and I was tired.

Much easier to do it this way then to reweld in a new connector. Although, to be practical, the trim panels going to have to stay off. Getting it off is easy, i think one screw holds it in, and then just pry it off. But getting it back in is going to be a pain thats not worth it.
I plan to use some zipties and ducttape to neateneverything up that i can, leaving only the connectors exposed.

YES there is plugs behind the kick panel! they really aren't that hard to get off it jsut takes some real man power!!;) puttin the plugs back together is even eaiser i do it all the time!!!!

stoney

Back