• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock UCA's at 6"

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone run stock upper control arms at around 6 inches of lift. I am at 4.5" now and am going to step up to 6" in a few weeks. I have adjustable lowers and stock uppers.
According to the chart with control arm lengths:
stock arms are 15" long for uppers
and at 6" lift the arms should be 15.5"

Will half an inch through my pinion angle out that much??

I don't think it's a question of throwing the pinnion angle off, it's a question of strength. Stock upper control arms are really weak, I've seen many bend on the trail. For over 4.5"s of lift you should really get some stronger aftermarket ones.

Get the UCA done. I just got home with a bit over 5" of lift and the top arms are holding the top of my axle back at an angle...come on Boxing Day Sale!

Might also want to consider DB's with your order!

ha hha ha

Im sporting 5.5" front end on Stock UCA with fixed new lowers - or at least i was till my "Double Cardan" front Driveshaft took it in the shorts and was way FU(Ked up. Now Rubicon Express has my check for $275 for a NEW front Driveshaft and a check for $220 for Adjustable Upper Control Arms... I get the joy of putting thoes on tomorrow.... good times...

I looked at my pinion today and saw that it wasnt pointed directly at the T-case output as it should be, but is instead pointed almost flat - which would be right IF i had a 2 U-joint shaft and not a Double Cardan Shaft. So,

YES THE .5" WILL HURT YOU

Back