• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring perch manufacturer?

sportsguy

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I need to source spring perches - stock Jeep ones. Need the whole thing which welds onto the axle (and on the front driver's side) incorporates the shock mount.

Seems these are hard to find - anyone know of a place that sells them?

I know axle manufacturers use them, so someone must be selling them.

I'd appreciate any help guys. This is not a one off thing, either. I'll be looking for mutliple items each time, so simple hacking them off an existing axle is not a solution.

Go to the jeep dealer and check out part number P4120074
(Hats off to Eagle for posting the part number in a previous post)

Thanks mud - I'll check that in the AM.

I'm in Canada, so anyone know if the PN's are the same? Should be I wold guess, since it's physically the same part.

Get a couple of inches of square tubing from your local metal vendor from the "seconds" bin. Maybe a couple of bucks.

Take the sawzall/grinder and you should have perches in a few minutes.

<insert_shrug>

r@m

We're after stock ones. Not fabbed things, but stock like DC/Jeep used to make. And this is for the front axle.

Thanks for the feedback guys - I'll check the link.

Sorry..i'm guilty of not reading the post closely...the info is for rear perches..i have no idea about the front ones.

MudDawg said:
Sorry..i'm guilty of not reading the post closely...the info is for rear perches..i have no idea about the front ones.
Hehe...learned that yesterday myself when I called the dealer...LOL

I appreciate the help just the same. :)

hmm stock ones....no idea

You might try giving Tomken a call. They make a D30 CJ coil conversion kit. Since they do a lot of XJ stuff they might have designed those mounts close to a coiled D30 they had lying around. ;)

tmt-6000.jpg

Worth a shot

JohnJohn said:
hmm stock ones....no idea

You might try giving Tomken a call. They make a D30 CJ coil conversion kit. Since they do a lot of XJ stuff they might have designed those mounts close to a coiled D30 they had lying around. ;)

tmt-6000.jpg

Worth a shot
That's what I'm after! Thanks John - Tomken will get the call next week!

Duane

RE has spring perches, look at their web site. I used them when i made my front D60 for my XJ

No one makes a direct copy of the factory one. Might think about finding a bent housing and cutting them off.

Some companies as mentioned above make a spring holder but i don't think any incorporates the shock mount with it. It would be an add on to the tube.

hinkley

RE9987.jpg

RE 9985 and RE 9987 (right and left side)

Mark Hinkley said:
No one makes a direct copy of the factory one. Might think about finding a bent housing and cutting them off.

Some companies as mentioned above make a spring holder but i don't think any incorporates the shock mount with it. It would be an add on to the tube.

hinkley
Well, I don't need like one pair, I need like 11 pairs. We live in a pretty salty environment and these things rot out all the time on Cherokees up here - well, everything rots out of everything up here, but I'm only focused on the spring perches right now.

I know of at least 4 others besides me in need...and it's a PITA having to try to find a roached axles to destroy to get the perches off of. half the time the perches get destroyed in the removal process...so you end up cutting up axles tubes and hand grinding to get what you need.

BUT, if I could find someone supplying repros of these perches, I'd be gold.

sportsguy said:
Well, I don't need like one pair, I need like 11 pairs. We live in a pretty salty environment and these things rot out all the time on Cherokees up here - well, everything rots out of everything up here, but I'm only focused on the spring perches right now.

I know of at least 4 others besides me in need...and it's a PITA having to try to find a roached axles to destroy to get the perches off of. half the time the perches get destroyed in the removal process...so you end up cutting up axles tubes and hand grinding to get what you need.

BUT, if I could find someone supplying repros of these perches, I'd be gold.

Those RE ones look good. (Pictured above) Won't thay work for you?

hinkley

When the object is to find a one peice solution and be able to weld IT in place, having to fab stuff will not work. (Sorry - just trying to clarify my need.)

The idea is that since this is a recurring problem in our area (spring perches rotting out), we're looking for a solution...fabbing we can do, but the customer (ME, unfortunately...LOL) pays for all that time.

Finding one part to start with, then adding stuff is fabbing time. Finding one piece which is a repo of a factory piece is the solution. Keeps the costs reasonable and since there's a demand in this area, it's worth looking for.

The trouble I'm finding is that like most topics in this forum and others, we're into working on the one-off solutions for OUR individual Jeeps...I think that's part of the reason why I cannot find sources for what I'm after - one whole unit that'll weld in place of the original spring perch, replace it totally, yet offer all the same mounting points as the factory did for shocks, etc.

If it were just for my Jeep I'd have them fabbed and overbuilt to ensure no worries down the road...but I'm willing to pay the coin. Others who simply drive their Jeeps on-road and don't really do much with them don't get that thinking and want the cheapest route possible...replacing beats fabbing when time is an issue.

Thanks again for the ideas guys. I'm guessing a call to the axle manufacturers is in order next week to find out where they source their spring perches from.

Back