• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hollister Hills Svra Anyone????

88flexj

NAXJA Forum User
A good friend and i were planning on going to hollister hills the sunday after christmas. I know it is a busy weekend for everyone, but it should be a fun day trip. i would like to get to know some fellow XJers. We are planning to meet at the campground above the obsticle course at 10:00 am. Let me know if you are interested. I would also like to wish everyone a merry christmas!!

I might be interested. I am from Walnut Creek, about 1 1/2 hours from Hollister. I have never been there and have been wanting to go. Could a Jeep with 31's a 3" lift and hacked fenders handle it? I will have to talk to my parents and maybe I can get some guys from around here with xj's to go too.
-Ryan

You would have a blast with that setup. My friends xj has about the same.

search google for hollister hills pics. there is a little bit of everything. the weather is to be clear thru christmas so it should be pretty dry. The upper truck ranch is 800 acres of trails. Its a good time!

Last edited:
I'm down. Been to hollister a bazillion times with a stock cherokee, so you'll be fine with 31's.

Just finished up my lift so it'll be a good test run. (7.5" lift, 35's :wierd: )

Lore5 said:
Is it mainly mud, or are there trails and stuff too. I wand to stay away from mud right know untill I can make something to cover my underbody.

Something to cover your under body? What are you worried about? I've got a stock front end skid plate if you want.

mission-inc said:
Something to cover your under body? What are you worried about? I've got a stock front end skid plate if you want.

I am going to be taking some big truck mud flaps and cutting them out to fit under my engine compartment and then pop riviting it up. The last few times I have been in the mud I screwing something up and right now I don't have the $ to fix anything. Anyways I like being on trails more than mud. I am interesed in the front skid though. How much? I think I could make some spacers to lower it down a couple of inches to make up for my lift.

-Ryan

Don't worry about mud. the only mud that should be there is the mud hole. I don't mess with that one, I think it goes all the way to hell!!

$25 and it's yours.

The first time I played in the mud I fried my alternator. I bought the front skid and it's protected my alternator just fine.

But hollister isn't know for it's mud. When I fried my alt I was at prairie city. :hang:

Hey Bryan C., are you going to be going this weekend. If you are do you think I could weet you somewhere and follow you up. I live in Walnut Creek. I have never been there and am pretty bad with directions.

Yep, campgrounds just above the obsticle coarse 10:00 am. I have a white 88 4 door. look for my club, santa cruz 4 wheel drive club, there should be a few of them there also.hope to see you there.

Lore5 said:
Hey Bryan C., are you going to be going this weekend. If you are do you think I could weet you somewhere and follow you up. I live in Walnut Creek. I have never been there and am pretty bad with directions.

Nope, not going to be there. Hollister is easy to find though. And with the park map you can find the obstacle course easily enough. Just go on down and have fun with whatever you got. Check in at the main gate and pay your fees and get the combination for the gate furhter up the road.

Bryan C. said:
Nope, not going to be there. Hollister is easy to find though. And with the park map you can find the obstacle course easily enough. Just go on down and have fun with whatever you got. Check in at the main gate and pay your fees and get the combination for the gate furhter up the road.

Thanks. If I go up I think I might be going with Starboard M so its all good.

I'll be there! It'll be good to meet some of you guys. I'm new to this board and the off-road.com board seems to be mostly guys from out of state. I'll be driving a green 96 XJ 2door with a spare on top and winch on the front. We'll be showing up in the early afternoon, so hopefully you all will still be there.

Lore5 and I are going to go. Ive got a 89 white 2 door with mtrs on it. I have goodyear stickers front and rear and its mud brown right now. We'll be at the obsical course at 10.

Back