• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AHHHH no jeep till after x-mas

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
I've had the lift kit in my jeep for about a week now and i've been waiting for the sye and d/s to come in. The guy that ordered it for me who did the measureing and will do the install for me appoarently calls me up today and says he accidently ordered the wrong one...so i ask how. He says the standard AA SYE is for an NP231 ONLY...i have the 242...he then said so also the d/s is not going to fit. Is this all true? Now i have to not drive my jeep until the monday after x-mas (angry).

Yes. Advanced Adapters only makes a "heavy duty" SYE that replaces the tail cone and output shaft for the 231 only. Tail cones/output shafts vary in length from the 231 to the 242, hence, a different driveshaft. I ordered my SYE and driveshaft from Rubicon Express. I got the "hack-n-tap" SYE. I called them up, gave my specs, and they sent me the SYE and driveshaft. Fit perfectly and haven't had any problems.

ok...at least i know he's not just being lazy and not wanting to do it until after the holidays....congrats on your rig, have fun w/ it for me lol...thanks for the info.

Right, the 242 SYE is a flange style and the main shafts are not interchangeable too.

You might be able to salvage the driveshaft by using the Tom Woods kit!
ty231.jpg

Back