• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another wiper question

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
Are the wipers vacuum controlled? It was snowing hard sunday night and I was out so I had it in 4lo and I noticed that even on HI my wipers would stop working when I slowed down, and that's with NO snow accumulation on the windshield.

I also notice that after a while in normal driving in the rain that I can use the lo setting or the mist setting once or twice, then they usually 'stall' somewhere in the middle of the windshield. My intermittent setting doesn't work period.

I was going to clean off the ground for the wiper motor but I can't find it, where would it be?

XJ Wipers are electric. The slowing down may be a result of the alternator not kicking out full voltage at idle speed

I've noticed with my recent repair on my wipers, that if there's not much moisture on the windshield, they can stall as you describe, or not completely go down to the 'start' position. Possibly this is what you're seeing?

cykaaro said:
I've noticed with my recent repair on my wipers, that if there's not much moisture on the windshield, they can stall as you describe, or not completely go down to the 'start' position. Possibly this is what you're seeing?
No, it was pouring rain today and they 'stalled' on the low setting, I'm thinking of replacing the wiper control box, how much would this cost and about how much hassle would it be to replace?

Back