• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear AAL question

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I have a Rancho full-length AAL kit, new in box. I assume (but don't know) that this is probably the same AAL that Rusty and RE sell. It is supposed to produce 1 to 1-1/2" of lift when installed in an XJ.

Does anyone KNOW how much lift it will generate if installed in an MJ? Has anyone out there installed a Rusty's or RE AAL into an MJ? If so, how much lift did it give you?

TIA

Last edited:
I'm not sure how much lift you'll end up with. But, the RE AAL is made by ProComp. At least that is what Dirk at DPG tells me. The Rusty full length AAL isn't even full length. It is only maybe an inch longer than the second leaf and generates about 2.5-3"
Rensing

FernXJ said:
The Rusty full length AAL isn't even full length. It is only maybe an inch longer than the second leaf and generates about 2.5-3"
Rensing

Huh... I got 5" of lift initially from my Rusty's AAL and now it has settled to an honest 3.5" It isn't supposed to be the full length of the main leaf. Not to rag on ya but full length just means longer than those crappy short AAL's.

The MJ springs are longer right? So if they are then I would guess that unless they are a really flat spring then the AAL wouldn't give as much lift as an XJ.

Well, it sounds like the Rancho is not the same as Rusty's or RE's. And it also sounds like it isn't going to generate much lift at all in an MJ, so I guess I'd better start scoping out Plan B (and perhaps a Plan C for backup).

You're correct Eagle. The Rancho AAL is not the same as the RE or Rusty's AAL. I've owned both RE and Rusty's AALs and know those who have owned Rancho AALs. Rancho has a rep for gaining maybe 1 - 1.5" of lift from their AAL, but I don't claim to know if this is still true. Rusty's 3.5" AAL gained me 2.5" from the start. RE's tends to be .5 to 1" taller than advertised, but usually settles to the advertised lift height after giving them a good workout. Hope this helps.

Tom

Back