• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Already have 3", I think. How to add another 1"

5.0 Junkie

NAXJA Forum User
I think I have a 3" or so lift now on the 89 Cherokee 2dr. Sagging in the back and the 31x10.50s rub a bit in front. Wheels have good offset too. No spacers in front and no blocks in back. Lift was on the jeep when I got it. Bushings are yellow on the shocks, so I'm guessing superlift, but wouldn't guess that the lift is superlift too.

Curious about just putting a 1" spacer in front and 2" blocks in back or would add a leafs do it. I drive around town 99% of the time and don't do any hardcore stuff, sadly enough. Just want about 1" more overall lift. 1" in front and get rid of the sag and another 1" in back.

What's everyone's feelings on this? I'm still pretty new to Jeeps, but not the automotive world or 4x4s.

I have Superlift 3.5" lift with an extra 3/4" spacer in the front and 1.25 shcakle in the rear. I love it..........getting ready to go with 32's now. I had NO rubbing with the 31's

5.0 Junkie said:
I think I have a 3" or so lift now on the 89 Cherokee 2dr. Sagging in the back and the 31x10.50s rub a bit in front. Wheels have good offset too. No spacers in front and no blocks in back. Lift was on the jeep when I got it. Bushings are yellow on the shocks, so I'm guessing superlift, but wouldn't guess that the lift is superlift too.

Curious about just putting a 1" spacer in front and 2" blocks in back or would add a leafs do it. I drive around town 99% of the time and don't do any hardcore stuff, sadly enough. Just want about 1" more overall lift. 1" in front and get rid of the sag and another 1" in back.

What's everyone's feelings on this? I'm still pretty new to Jeeps, but not the automotive world or 4x4s.
Caution:you are about to enter slipyoke eliminator and CV driveshaft territory $$$$ with those 2 " blocks.Id go w the shackles and watch that pinion angle.

If you already have saggy rear springs (read old, weak, or over loaded) when you add a 2” bock you are going to have axle wrap issues. I would go with a longer shackle or better yet an add-a-leaf. The add-a-leafs come in a long and a short version. If you want 2” in the back, I’d get a long AND a short one. The kits are pretty cheap, about $60 or so.

How long are the stock shackles? I'm wondering if that was how it was lifted the first time. I need to find some stock measurements. It sits pretty nosehigh now. With stock tires on it, I'm guessing the back isn't that much higher than stock.

Brian Felts said:
Caution:you are about to enter slipyoke eliminator and CV driveshaft territory $$$$ with those 2 " blocks.Id go w the shackles and watch that pinion angle.

Back