• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 ford D60 usable?

andyr354

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up a D60 front out of a 95 ford SuperDuty fairly cheap. It is a balljoint knuckle, regular wheel bearings, Standard 8bolt pattern.

The pumpkin is way over to the drivers side farther than the older D60s is what worries me. Don't know if it can be made to work or not? The only option looks to be is if maybe I stick with leafs and outboard them on the "frame" of the XJ?

Anybody seen one of these in use under an XJ?

andyr354 said:
Picked up a D60 front out of a 95 ford SuperDuty fairly cheap. It is a balljoint knuckle, regular wheel bearings, Standard 8bolt pattern.

The pumpkin is way over to the drivers side farther than the older D60s is what worries me. Don't know if it can be made to work or not? The only option looks to be is if maybe I stick with leafs and outboard them on the "frame" of the XJ?

Only 78-79 F350 had the narrow leaf perch width 31.5in, king pins, and disks factory. Yours is 36.5in spring perch width and should be the same 69in WMS.

My big tires would require less then 4in BS to clear 80+ wider leaf width axles. Im already at 84in wide and would not want to be wider.

If I was you Id narrow this d60 on the long side, get the short side so that the perche width is closer to your frame rail width (still will be alittle outboard, would require 5in narrow to get the same perch width as a 78-79 d60), then run less BS rims to give you more width. I run about 4in BS and Im chewing up my hubs on rocks pretty good, you wouldent have that issue. And you could fit big tires that would not rub the leafs.

For the rear you could get a d70 or 14bolt 65in WMS. so Id shoot for 65-66in WMS on your front, a 4in shorter shaft then what you have now..

The shorest d60 long side factory axle shaft is 34.56 “.
I think yours is 36.68 “ so if you narrow it more then 2in you should have a custom long side shaft made. Id say narrow it 4in and get the custom shaft.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/60_front/

Have fun.

andyr354 said:

hey dumbass, it wasnt a superduty. if it was a superduty of that years in would be 10 bolt lug pattern.

Back