• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD SYE installed, now 4wd light won't go away and vibes with 8.8

XJRob

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '87 XJ with the NP231 transfer case and I just installed a heavy duty PORC SYE. The 4x4 light will not go away now; I tried to adjust the linkage and didn't make any difference. I had to cut about an inch off the shift fork to fit the rear cone on the end, per PORC instructions on some cases; also note that this still has the vacuum D30 in the front.

I also just installed a Ford 8.8 and using a rebuilt front driveshaft (lengthened with thicker wall tubing and balanced by local shop. The guy I bought the 8.8 from had this axle already setup for an XJ with SYE, but I think my angles are different (I have about 2.5" more lift) . What is the best place to measure the angle on the 8.8?

My driveshaft is ~19* and when I measure on the bottom flat spot (that runs inline with the driveshaft) of the rear-end I get about 16*; when I measure on the flat spot where a control arm use to mount (passenger side center of diff), I get ~12*.

Any suggestions?

Back