• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recomend me a track bar!!

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Ok, so my axle is off, and I would likeit back centered. Here is the deal, have abour 4" of lift, and I do light off road, primarily in the desert, hardly ever do any rockcrawling. What trackbar would you recomend?

BTW, I already searched thruogh thousands of threads.....

tcm glx said:
Ok, so my axle is off, and I would likeit back centered. Here is the deal, have abour 4" of lift, and I do light off road, primarily in the desert, hardly ever do any rockcrawling. What trackbar would you recomend?

BTW, I already searched thruogh thousands of threads.....

and your research gave you no ideas of your own?? what does SuperLift's look like? a track bar has no aesthetic value.. just function.. its apparent you know you need an adjustable trackbar.. decide if you want the cheapest, the strongest, or middle-of-the-road.. then get it.. they all do the same thing..RE, Rusty's, Skyjacker.. there isnt alot to discuss the "good vs bad" think ahead to future lifts/modifications and make a choice..

Don't know if you're considering the Skyjacker track bar, but it doesn't mount in the factory spot on the axle; it mounts up where the stabilizer goes, then the stabilizer gets a strengthing/relocation bracket. This WON'T work with all quick disconnects.

skyjackerXJ said:
Don't know if you're considering the Skyjacker track bar, but it doesn't mount in the factory spot on the axle; it mounts up where the stabilizer goes, then the stabilizer gets a strengthing/relocation bracket. This WON'T work with all quick disconnects.[/QUOTE

IMO i wouldn't even consider this one... yeah the stabilizer gets some strengthening, but the OEM stabilizer bracket was never intended to be used as a TB mount! its not strong enough, period.

brandon
don't make any compromises on ur lift components, get whats best, and proven crawler capable... even though you mentioned you wouldn't be crawling, i'd hate to see that thing bust off in the desert!

I just did a 4"...overall lift was 4.5" and i used a jks adj. track bar. Happy w/ the set up.

Another vote for the ORGS/JKS 125 adjustable trackbar....

Now, to sell my old one....

In my opinion, the trackbar axle mount has to be the strongest mount on that axle. it sees more lateral force than the conrol arms or anything else for that matter. The steering stabilizer bracket is merely some bent up sheet metal to do exactly that... stabilize the steering components. It is nowhere NEAR strong enough to hold up to a trackbar.
Due to this, I will most likely never purchase another skyjacker piece, seeing as how the company o.k.'d something this ludicrous to be sold to the public. So definitley a NO on the skyjacker piece.
I run the RE HD trackbar and Mount. It's nice, but doesnt accomodate a whole lot of lift. After about 6" or so, it'll be fully extended and wont want to center the axle anymore. The frame mount is known to crack right at it's 90* bend along the uni-frame rail, though. I had to relocate the axle mount with a custom stronger over the axle style mount made with 1/4" plate and gussets and laid a bead along the frame mount's outer edges.
Rusty's trackbars have not personally served myself or any of my wheeling community's rigs well. Too many rusty's products are sitting busted in friends garages. I have heard good things about the ORGS jks trackbar, but havent seen one in action. Whatever route you go, make sure to purchase something that best says "THIS IS THE LAST ONE YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY!" . Thats the mantra ive been going with lately, and i havent broken anything in a while. :thumbup:

Woooo hooo, tons of responses, finnaly alot of people respond to one of my threads!! I am looking for middle of the road. Any one have experience with the Pro Comp?

with the amt of lift you have go for the RE1600.

Pro Comp for the most part makes c**p. Don't bother. I just ordered a Rubicon Express lift kit with the heavy duty track bar. For light wheeling the standard track bar should be fine. Have also heard good stuff about the JKS/ORGS. If your going to spend some money at least get something halfway decent.

P.S. For your A4 have you gone to club18t at www.sportcompactracing.com

MontanaXJ said:
Pro Comp for the most part makes c**p. Don't bother. I just ordered a Rubicon Express lift kit with the heavy duty track bar. For light wheeling the standard track bar should be fine. Have also heard good stuff about the JKS/ORGS. If your going to spend some money at least get something halfway decent.

P.S. For your A4 have you gone to club18t at www.sportcompactracing.com

Actually, spend most my time on Audizine.com or vwvortex.com

Only bad.....stiff springs, non-flexy arms.....poor lift at best. RE or JKS are best for track bars.......unless of course you're the relocate and build your own type as some of us are.

Back