• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slush drivers

highhilleer

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks to mother nature got the first chance to operate the cherokee in 4wd this morning. Everything went fine but reminded me of a discussion I had with a traffic engineer from Alaska. When 4wd became popular there was a much higher rate of wrecks with 4wd vehciles than normal cars. Research showed the 4wd drivers were over driving the ability of the car to stop. Everyone has 4 wheel brakes. Just because we can go faster doesn't mean we should....
Stay safe out there had have a Merry Christmas.
John

This is just the sort of issue that keeps me honest in the winter! Back in my FWD days, I used to drive fairly "hot"... knowing that (with FWD and a 5-speed) I could easily judge the conditions with a quick stab of my throttle foot (IMHO a lot safer than a stab of the brakes).

The XJ goes so easy, I always feel like conditions are worse than I know... and I drive a little more paranoid.

I always get there, tho!

Proud that all of my accidents have been on dry sunny days...

Den

Back