• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project 33

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
OK boys and girls I've decided to take the plunge.

Yesterday I picked up a set of 33" Mt's. Tomorrow (I hope) I should get the Crager soft 8 rims (15x8 4"BS) that I ordered from Summit. The Dana 44 is getting painted and all new brake hardware. Next week I'll be getting regeared to 4.88's (D30/D44) with a Detroit locker in the rear.

I'm gonna go flareless and the fenders will get trimmed. I just need to figure out what I need to do the rear lift. Massage what I've got (OME JC1B leafs and MJ shackles) into enough lift by adding a full length AAL and taller shackles or going to a complete new spring pack.

Where I need help is I need some measurements for the rear lift. Could some of you guys running 33s give me the measurement from the top of the axle tube to the frame rail at the bumpstop.

dont havet that but i have around 4" maybe less and have trimmed fenders and 33's work fine, needed 2" added bumpstops in the back and that was all

karstic said:
The Dana 44 is getting painted and all new brake hardware. Next week I'll be getting regeared to 4.88's (D30/D44) with a Detroit locker in the rear.
4.88's!!! You'll love them. While at it get the rear shock mounts raised.

Where I need help is I need some measurements for the rear lift. Could some of you guys running 33s give me the measurement from the top of the axle tube to the frame rail at the bumpstop.

If you want to check out mine, swing by my place and you can see how things are setup. Currently I stuff the rear tire into the wheelwell almost all the way to the top (got 4.5" RE pack and MJ shackles)

OK to update

Axles are regeared (4.88's 30/44) with a Detroit in the rear, tires and wheels are on, up front I have Teraflex 4" coils w/ RE SF adj LCA's, in the rear are bastardized OME JC1B and JC2A spring packs with MJ shackles, front and rear bumpstopped and fenders trimmed (although I may have to work on the front a little more). So what's next? I'm hoping to run Dusy-Ershim and the Rubicon in the near future.. I want to address the following issues but not sure in which order as time and money allows;

Stock steering components
Reinforcement around steering box
winch and winch bumper (how much are these actually needed?)
differential armor

Anything else I'm missing?

1560P1250162resize.jpg

Last edited:
Back