• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shop in Colorado

geo78

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking about swapping the motor in my 1990 4.0 4wd daily driver. The jeep has 170,000 but I need a reliable car and would much rather put a new engine in my current vehicle than buy a new car. Has anyone in Colorado taken their rig to a shop in Colorado for an engine swap? Even better, has anyone taken their jeep to a shop in Colorado and had them swap in a newer moter (1999-2001)? I would be interested in your experiences.

Thanks

Geoff

Is the motor giving you trouble? 170K miles is only middle-age for the 4.0, usually. For a shop, call Astro Automotive in Denver- they do pretty much everything. Only place I can think of that's honest and good - maybe one of the other guys up north can chime in with a shop closer to FTC.

I understand that 170,000 is not that old for a 4.0 but I want the confidence that everything is in order. It is starting to show signs of its age, and I really don't want to put a ton of money into a motor that has 170,000 miles on it when I can get a new one installed.

Thanks for the heads up on the shop, anything closer to Fort Collins would be great, otherwise Denver is a good option.

Thanks

Geoff

Back