• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much lift for 265/75/16s on 99 XJ

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
How much lift do you guys think ill need to fit some 265/75/16s on my 99 XJ. Right now i've got the OME Kit but i've added a leaf in the rear and have an extra isolater in the front because of the ARB and Winch. Its sitting at approx. 3-3.5" with 31" BFG ATs. I'd like to run a set of 265/75s on some LTD 16" XJ wheels without any trimming. So im toying with the idea of adding some 1.75" spacers to the OME and longer shackles or should i go for some RE 3.5" coils and longer shackles?? From all i can gather the RE 3.5 Coils should be higher than the OME coils? how much more lift should i expect to get with the RE coils vs. the OME's with the ARB and winch?? I already have RE LCAs, Adj, T-Bar and extended shocks and brakelines and an SYE so there should be no issues other than enough clearance for the tires??

ANY PICS WOULD BE GREAT TOO!!!!

Also WTB: 16" XJ wheels....PM me if you have any forsale.

Thanks
Lincoln

265/75's come out to 32x10.5, right? You said n o trimming, so you might want to try and net around 4.5". The RE 3.5" coils might fit you well, but the rear, i'd try and get full packs. The AAL's and shackle are going to make your stock pack junk. The 3.5" RE pack, would probably net you more than 3.5" so it might put you right around 5" which would be a good height. You might need new upper arms also.

You need 4.5-5" for those,heres a pic of when I was running 265/75/16's!
bump12.jpg

are you gonna wheel yours? just make sure to properly bumpstop or your tires are gonna get into your fenders regardless of height

woodkrawler said:
RCP Phx,

Your jeep looks sweet, what suspension set are you running in that pic??

Thanks
Lincoln
Its the RE kit with full leaf packs(1310/1463).With 2.5" bumpstops it will fully stuff into the wheel wells!The only rubbing would be with the factory bumper returns!

RE 4.5" kit w/ 265/75/16s...

DSCN5155.jpg

fwiw, now that i've gone bigger, i'm trying to sell some tires in that size:

tires.jpg

send me a PM if interested...

Back