• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HO to renix TPS-Tranny shifting

dangerranger

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone figured out how to rewire a ho tps to run the tcu on a renix-body xj. swapped 91 ho engine into 9o body, have searched and found that most peole reman. the renix tps onto ho tb. i tried splicing the ho tps to the renix plugs, engine runs fine, but tranny downshifts when i let off accel, shifts up when i step on it. would rather have something hardwired that works than something widget-ed together. if there is no good way to just rewire, what have people come up w/ for widgets?

thanx.
dangerranger in mn

If you throw an ohm meter on the renix TPS you will find that the tranny wires resistance runs opposite of the computer signal. You will also find after using that ohm meter on the HO TPS that those resistance levels don't match between the non-HO and HO.

I'm sure something could be built to convert the single from the HO TPS to match the singnal of the non-HO, but you have to be smarter than me.

i've got a 92 tranny in my 90, and it really shifts like crap, much like danger when in comfort, power mode it shifts flawlessly, my understanding was the 92 trans was supposed to be always wired in power mode

Back