• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wanting to evacuate ac system??

Yes, they work, but I would not suggest it for everyday use... sort of a pain. First, you have to go thru a set of guages so you can isolate the system once you have pulled the vac on the system. Secondly, you have to have a reasonable sized compressor to use this (basing this statement off of another item that looks VERY similar, I have not used the Robinair.) because you b=have to let it set there and blow off constantly, and your compressor has to be able to do that at at least 75 lbs, until the full vac. of 29" is reached. Good luck with it, let us know how it works out for you.

FYI, I use an old compressor out of a chest-type freezer. I soldered a fitting on it to hook up my hoses, plug it in, and pull the vacuum... Total price- about $6.00 for the beer and ice.

TheRasper.

It depends on what you are trying to do. Is the system already empty? If not, and you want to remove the refrigerant, then no. That WILL NOT WORK. It would be illegal to use that.

However, if there is no refrigerant in the sytem, and you just want to pull a vacuum on the system to remove/boil any moisture, then yes that pump will work.

Either way, remember you should replace the reciever/drier since there was moisture in the system.

TheRasper said:
FYI, I use an old compressor out of a chest-type freezer. I soldered a fitting on it to hook up my hoses, plug it in, and pull the vacuum... Total price- about $6.00 for the beer and ice.

TheRasper.

I've done this myself and it works very well. The compressor does not need to be out of a freezer. A compressor form any refrigeration device including dehumidifiers will work fine.

JoBo

Back