• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question on climate control

stu's jeep's

NAXJA Forum User
when i put bottom lever over to full heat and top lever to heat i get nothing comming from vent's just floor if i use vent i get heat is that right :rattle:

Same here... Sux up here... Not much heat either. Just drove 900 kms (560 miles) and it was cold. Even with a winter front. I don't know if its normal, but I sure wish I could get heat in the vents and the floor. If you slide it to vent you get both but it cools the already not so warm air. Must be cuase its a Jeep!

Marty

'91 Cherokee 237,000 kms; 5-speed; 2-door; after today thank God it's a 4x4!

Bottom lever controls temperature. Top controls where the air is delivered.

"Heat" goes to your feet. "Vent" blows out the vents in the front of the dashboard. "Defrost" blows through the top of the dash, to the windshield.

"Bi-Level" uses both the underdash (feet) outlets and the face-of-dash outlets.

Humm......going to have to look more closely at mine now. Mine goes OFF then air conditioning settings, then VENT HEAT and DEFROST. Would be nice having Bi-level. Maybe I just missed seeing it.
As for heat? Blower sound like chipmunks going through the fan, so replaced it, and damn, no heat problems on either settings, That's for sure!! Actually can get TOO hot if I'm not careful.

hmmmmmm but my fan when it is on high the fan stops blowing air from my vents then all of a sudden it comes back on :mad: :mad:

stu's jeep's said:
hmmmmmm but my fan when it is on high the fan stops blowing air from my vents then all of a sudden it comes back on :mad: :mad:
If it stops blowing when you accelerate or when going uphill, check to see if the air is coming out of the defrost outlets. The flappers are vacuum controlled and the default if you lose vacuum is defrost. This is a common problem. If that's what you have, check the vacuum reservoir mounted on the right side of the front bumper for cracks, and check the tubing going to the reservoir, especially in the vicinity of the battery tray.

I agree with Eagle. It sounds like the problem my buddy was having with his new (to him) 87 MJ. We checked all the vacuum lines and everything checked out. It wasn't until he actually removed the vacuum canister that he saw that the previous owner had accidently drilled a hole in the canister. My friend patched the hole and everything works great now.

Back