• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carpet Kits

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Alright, after carrying around something like 10 different axles in the back of the XJ it's time for new carpet. Don't try and talk me into herc'ing, not gonna happen. So I called the dealer, the lady looked up the part number and searched for availability. Apparently no one anywhere has this carpet anymore. I have a '94 Country with the Camel Tan interioir. Where can I get a crapet kit. I don't want something the fits, I want something that fits great. Any one have any places that will have what I'm looking for???

I bought one from a company in AL 2 years ago for my 92 Laredo. I sold it before I put the carpet in, so I still have it if you're interested. Think I paid a little over $200. PM me-- I can give you more details. Sorry I can't remember the place I bought it.

91 Jeep Project said:
Alright, after carrying around something like 10 different axles in the back of the XJ it's time for new carpet. Don't try and talk me into herc'ing, not gonna happen. So I called the dealer, the lady looked up the part number and searched for availability. Apparently no one anywhere has this carpet anymore. I have a '94 Country with the Camel Tan interioir. Where can I get a crapet kit. I don't want something the fits, I want something that fits great. Any one have any places that will have what I'm looking for???

You could Auto Custom Carpets. I bought a rubber liner for my Scout II and wasn't happy at all with the fit. The edges would not but up to the sides of the Scout among other problems, maybe carpet is different or I just got a blim. So I can't say I would use them again. If you want a great fit I would do alot of asking around, maybe classic car people could help.

bzdel2441 said:
JCwhitney offers ALOT of different choices check them out they are pretty cheap to.

Looks like a good selection. Anyone know anything about Newark? And buckskin or saddle tan. I checked out ACC and they had a viynal floor for the XJ, thats about it. It was $300 something too, when the dealer did have the carpet kit it was only $260............ :wierd:

You can call JC Whitney and they'll send you color samples of the carpet fabrics.

91 Jeep Project said:
Looks like a good selection. Anyone know anything about Newark? And buckskin or saddle tan. I checked out ACC and they had a viynal floor for the XJ, thats about it. It was $300 something too, when the dealer did have the carpet kit it was only $260............ :wierd:

Newark is a medium to large city in Essex county NJ, has gone from nice city in the 50's to monster ghetto in the 70's and 80's, has been undergoing a massive rebuilding in 90's and has almost come full circle. Companies that were bailing out back then are moving back in. The Ironbound section is a true multicultural area with almost any type of food your pallet desires, they had a really good scotish restraunt that had the best haggis I have ever had. New Jersey institute of engineering and stevens both have campus's there. It is also a major link on the amtrack line with major engine and train servicing facilities. It has major access roads with two interstates, Interstate 280 and Interstate 78, very convienent to NYC's Holland tunnel, Newark airport is an international airport, large with lousy and expensive parking, lotta traffic and expensive bagels, it does have it's own monorail though that connects the 3 terminals. There are two major brewerys there, Michelob and Pabst, Newark is known for its water hence the brewerys, there used to be 5 in the 50's, Ballentine was one, my dad worked there in advertising and we used to go to turkey shoots before thanksgiving and xmas with .22's shooting a paper targets. It has an impressive 'Hall of Records' building and it has 3 hospitals, it also has the best 2 trauma centers in the US for dealing with gunshot and knife wounds, hospital #3 is a childrens hospital [where I was born] but still has a good trauma center just 3rd on the list...
The two main streets are Broad Street and South Orange ave. They are rated #2 for Italian food, Trenton is #1. Ironbound is 99% crime free, they tend to stone liquor store and bank robbers with 20 lb cobble stones thrown from the 2nd and third story multi story 'shotgun' homes... I can keep going :D :D :D

It's funny you mentioned Newark. People getting back to work that went through the airport to get to NYC are giving horror stories of hoping their rental car didn't break down to this is "Hell on Earth" etc. I've never been there, but I think S Chicago/Gary is "Hell on Earth" to me from what I have seen of this country. Haven't been to Detroit or LA yet.

Anyways back to the carpet topic, I 2nd JC Witney for their stuff. They have a great catalog and I've seen all the carpets they carry. If you don't want to herculine the interior, which I highly suggest if you transport alot of stuff, get a nice Husky rear seat runner thingy. I do like the stock tan xj interior, you just see light grey so much, it's nice to see a tan with a black or red ext once in awhile.
Troy

Smartass........... :laugh3:

I totally agree on the transporting part. However my XJ has come to a point where I don't need to transport much anymore. I will still have to tote a few axle back and forth, but once thats done the new stuff will go in. I have just soaked to much ATF into the back of the thing. On hot days you have to just about stick your head out of the window to even drive. The interior is up for a revamp, new carpet among other things. It will get a full set of huskies as well. I love my tan interior, but if I could find all the parts I would swap it to black in a second. One of these days I'll mass parts for that project. I'll give JC a call and get some swatches.............. :flipoff:

Back