• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Almost time for new tires, thinking 265/70 Revos

Ray H

NAXJA Forum User
Ive liked my BFGs, no complaints at all but Revos are getting alot of good reviews and they are one of the few tires that come in 265/70/15. Im running 8" Canyons so my 30X9.50s arent an ideal width tire for an 8" wheel. I dont see many people running 265/70R15s. They look to be the same height as the 30s but about 1" wider.
Any thoughts on going with this odd size just to get 1" width? Any pics of 265/70/15 Revos on XJs?

What are Revos? You talking about Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts?

They work good for a street tire, suck off road. If your comparing to the BFG A/T, they are about the same IMO.

nate said:
What are Revos? You talking about Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts?

Yes, I guess. Bridgestone has the Dueler A/Ts and Dueler A/T Revos. Two different tires.

I've got Revos on my 03 Chevy Crew- they kick azz. Go to tirerack.com and check out the reviews- they lay waste to all other tires in their class. JP mag (pretty sure, maybe 4Wheel) just had a review on them and said the same thing every owner says about them- they kick azz....
Get 'em.

I could not be more happy with my Revos. They excel in all conditions and are wearing great and are extremely smooth and quiet. They are great in the rain and great offroad for an A/T tire. I could not believe how much better my Jeep drove when I first put them on.

the Revo's are great tires. They wear good, and are excellent offroad for what they are. I've seen some guys do some awesome things in all sorts of conditions all over Tellico with the Revo's when everyone standing by was saying "he doesn't have the tires for this."

If you don't do a ton of offroading, but do do a ton of on road driving, I'd seriously consider them.

Keep a look out for a deal at Firestone though. I bought my old ones buy 3 get one free, and they do it almost every month at individual shops. They have to hit certain numbers, and if they don't the managers start having store specials.

Bill

Back