• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Better Shocks??

RTicUL8

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to replace my skyjacker shocks - when going down a washboard hard dirt road I find myself skipping all over the place and I feel like I'm going to slide off the road.
I heard that dessert racing trucks will sometimes use shocks with remote-reservoirs like these ones: http://www.bilstein.com/products/7100page.html

Will they help with the washboard roads?
Anyone have a recommendation on a shock that would keep the tire on the ground better?

Thanks.

The reserviors help to keep the oil in the shocks cooler and prevents fading during endurance races. They also can be found on vehicles that use their entire travel frequently. They are a bit pricey but they are usually very nice and high quality shocks. I know from experience that bilstein makes an excellent shock and having a reservior would prevent shock fade. I don't know if they will help you out as much as you would like but they wouldn't hurt.

You could always see about customizing a caddy suspension for those roads.

Best of luck to you,

-Jamie

Its valving that you need to address,get some adjustables!

Valving? Please define. Is this something like rancho-9000s?

compression and rebound.
how much force it take to compress a spring and how quickly it returns to ride height
I have the Fox Remote reservoirs that allow custom valving and are nitrogen charged.
If you want a serious shock they will do. But the Pro's with the 7/8" shaft go for $275 ea
Adj shocks from Rusty or Rancho or whoever might be more your speed.
they work really well for the price and allow quite a bit of Universal tuning
I ran RS9000s for 8 yrs.

OME

Old man emu makes really good shocks...do a search to hear what folks say....and wouldn't you know it, I've got a set for sale. Let me know if your interested

Back