• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow hooks

They are missing the major portion of the hook mounts... the small bits shown are just the ineffective lateral reinforcement brackets.

That's what I thought.... missing some major stuff, I asked the seller the same question... prob just get the rusty's... just want some opinions... especially for the price he has em....

Looks good - WTF was up with those hooks from the first one anyway? Looks like they had a good 2" thick chunk that had to be bolted up, moving the pull farther out away from the body. Seems too twisty for safety to me.

The tow hook kit from the factory on my 2000 includes all the parts from custom 4x4 fab and the braces that were on eBay. The eBay brace goes from the tow hooks to the " frame rail " and prevent tow hook twisting on angled pulls. The longer tow hooks clear the front air dam on the newer XJ's. The 90 degree angle plates re-inforce the cross member under the radiator. I have some pics of bumper parts here. http://hometown.aol.com/xjtim/index1.html

b1.jpg

Thanks guys I just wanted to make sure, and to let this guy on ebay know that his sets he's selling are incomplete. Think I'm going to go the custom 4x4 route. -Andy

Back