• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

major body damage.

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
i just picked up my "parts trucks" taday and one of them is in excellent condition......... except the fact that it was t-bone'd by a honda and the drivers doors and rocker are pushed in 6 - 8"!!!! but it needs closer inpsection when its not raining.. the other "parts" truck has a good B-pillar and doors.... my friend the "ace mechanic" says itll be easy... but i've never done any structural repair.. aside from needing a mig welder and a plasma cutter (or 38 sawzall blades) how dificult could it really be as long as i follow the "measure twice, cut once" plan? i dont think ill do it if the damage is as far in as the frame rail... this truck is just too nice to strip for parts!! any collision mechanics out there? thanks guys!!

This is an xj we're talking about.... make sure that the frame isn't tweaked cause if it is... it's not worth it ussually to make anything out of it other then a parts truck :(

Kejtar

yeah its my 87 laredo ... closer inspection it isnt so bad.. the rocker is 3/4 flat. the doors are toast.. but the b-pillar is only moved an inch or less. driver rocker was the hardest hit.. floor is only buckled up 1/2 " and i punched that down with my hand.... time to get the air chisel out and start cutting the donor truck up... just need to find a friend with a mig welder now..

Back