• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door trim piece removal?

nosajwp

NAXJA Forum User
My '01 XJ has body colored door molding strips (the pieces that are supposed to prevent door dings, yeah right!) and I want to change them out for the regular black ones that came on the sport. How would I go about removing them? Are they just stuck on with two sided tape, or are they screwed on?

double sided tape. heat them up with something like a hair dryer. but don't get it too hot cause you could damage the paint. then use some fishing line or dental floss to "saw" between the molding and the paint. try to stay as close to the paint as possible. then use some goo gone or other sticker removal cleaner to get the remaining glue off of the paint

nosajwp said:
My '01 XJ has body colored door molding strips (the pieces that are supposed to prevent door dings, yeah right!) and I want to change them out for the regular black ones that came on the sport. How would I go about removing them? Are they just stuck on with two sided tape, or are they screwed on?

FYI, the black ones tend to fade and look like crap. I wouldn't switch the painted flavor for the non painted kind. My .02

Back