• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FIVEO Motorsport.......Bosch Injectors..

csr_011

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks to all who guided me to the decision made on monday of getting the upgrade to Bosch 4 outlet injectors!! I ordered them off Ebay monday about 5pm Central Time, received them in Central Nebraska in the mail today, wednesday, priority mail. Replaced them because of two leaks that came about last sunday.

Talk about good service, i called the guys up monday afternoon and talked to them about the injectors, they answered all my questions, told me what they had, and the differences between the takeouts and new injectors.

Made my decision a half hour later and ordered them. The sad thing is, the parts stores here in town couldnt have a set for me before thursday, and one of them friday. Not to mention the savings.

Well, they are in, took about an hour to replace, no leaks, started right up, ran like a big block with a hefty cam for a few minutes then smoothed out. I assumed that the computer was getting the fuel/air mix reset with the new injectors as i had the negative cable off. Now it purrs like a kitten, better response, no cutting out on the highway when trying to pass. Will see how the mileage is affected in the next few days.

I cant believe that a couple of the jeeps problems were right in front of me the whole time. I noticed a few changes right away. Hope it keeps going like that. On to other mods next!!!! The lift may be sooner than i had anticipated.

Cory

Are Denso and Bosch injectors the same ??? I was just looking at the ebay site.

yep-super service, next day, you name it.
I still couldnt believe they got mine to me in less than 24 hours- Bruce wouldnt tell me how. Thats a long hop from cali to georgia. They probably had jetlag when they arrived.

The only difference i have found is a flat spot when I just barely let off the gas-I can guess its either the TB needing its daily cleaning, or the TPS is haveing a feildday....may have to replace them soon...200,000+ may be asking too much....maybe not.

I saw nada difference between the denso an bosch-different colors though. My OEM boschs were rusty/leaking an cracked, the densos clean. :laugh3:

Congrats...yep installing new fuel injectors was one of the best, cheapest and easiest upgrades I've every done. Well worth the $155.00.

Kudos to fivemotorsports too!

RichP said:
Are Denso and Bosch injectors the same ??? I was just looking at the ebay site.

I thought Denso was single port and Bosch were four port? No?

Except for the color difference they do look the same.

I believe they had a 4 outlet also.

Well guys, my excitement was brought to a hault today......Oh, the injectors are fine, but the cutting out at 55 and stalling on right hand turns returned. Can DEFINATELY feel the difference of the new injectors though. Smoother idle, much improved accelleration response time, starts about normal now, the typical 5 to 6 revolutions then she fires.

Doing all the grounds tomorrow, have about 10 feet of welding lead and 8 foot of 10 guage wire, soldering iron, and connectors; Battery to block then chassis or vice versa, battery to starter, then firewall to head. Is there any other grounds under the hood i should be looking at?

Cory

Back