• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teflon

I'm looking at getting new rims. The Teflon rims look good, but does anyone have experience with them? Back spacing? Also are they like the aluminum with lug nuts spinning off alot? (do I need to retorque them all the time?
) Thanks
Seth

teflon (invented to help maufacture nuclear bombs in the 40's) is a coating on most materials. the rims should be Al still so the torque issues should be paid attention to. the teflon coating on the initial rims was known to "flake" off, but i have heard (and the source is okay but not great) that the coating issues have been solved...but IMHO off road any coating will chip, peel or scratch. if your anything lke me and have an affinity for curbs...might want to save your money.
they will hose off easier teflon being "the slipperiest substance known to man". so cleaning issues may be the one benifit aside from looking cool.
2%
Nim

Not worth the extra money IMO...

If you're THAT worried about your wheels being dirty, you can either spray them with el cheapo cooking spray before wheeling, or not wheel at all.

Besides, if you got the teflon wheels, your wheels would be the only thing clean after a wheeling trip.... :twak:

Last edited:
GAY!! how much are these neat teflon wheels?? probly no more than a good pair of beadlocks! whoopi do ez to clean u have a 4 wheel drive! just give ur money to me i could use it in better ways!

stoney

i personally would not spend the $$$ on them either. last time i checked they were around $265 - $275 each. that's a lot of change you can put into something else on your rig than wheels. you can almost buy two sets of steelies for one teflon at that price.

Back