• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj rear disc question

What year is your XJ and what axle do you have? I assume that you have a Dana 35 rear axle and you are getting the brake assemblies off of a Grand Cherokee with a Dana 35 as well. If that is the case, you should be able to use brake assemblies from a ’93 to ’98 (’97?) Grand Cherokee. The ABS and non-ABS use the same parts as far as I can tell, so it should work. I want to do this upgrade on my ’91, but I haven’t found a junkyard that will separate the brake assemblies from the axle, they want to sell it as one unit. How much are you getting it for?

I just finished putting rear discs on my 1992 Cherokee w/ a 1996 Chrysler 8.25 rearend from a 1995 Grand w/ dana 35. All I had to do was open up the backing plate and the caliper bracket so it would slide onto my axle. I do not have abs and have had no problems.

Back