• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

small lift steering upgrade

gcam

NAXJA Forum User
Does steering linkage bind limit droop on a small lift (2-3")?

Is there a simple and effective way to upgrade my steering for strength and durability to handle 31" tires in moderate trails and regular city and highway driving without swapping in WJ steering knuckles or reaming the stock knuckles?

Thanks,
Geoff

no bind on my 5.5" font end...

steering box stiffener is about all i can think of, but, i dont thin its necessary for 31" tires... unless your runnin like 31x15.5" tires....

gcam said:
Does steering linkage bind limit droop on a small lift (2-3")?

Is there a simple and effective way to upgrade my steering for strength and durability to handle 31" tires in moderate trails and regular city and highway driving without swapping in WJ steering knuckles or reaming the stock knuckles?

Thanks,
Geoff

Just run what you have.....you're fine. You're always at risk of bending the stock tie rod, so it never hurts to get a stronger aftermarket one.

If you are worried about it a steering box brace is about $75 and a C-ROK reinforcement plate is $100. Neither one is necessary, but $175 is cheap insurance and it will get you ready for those 38” TSLs :laugh3:

Back