• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange Lift Pic Request

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
This is a very strange request... but... I would like to ask that maybe a few of you post a pic of your 5.5 inch lifted Jeep with a person standing beside it. I have seen plenty of 5.5 inch lifted Jeep pics but no reference points. Even 4.5 inch lifts too... just let me know which it is.

This is a short wife thing, so I would really aprreciate the help.

This is probably borderline pic showcase stuff... but it is a mod question...

Thanks
HarveOut-

I saw a few pics on cardomain of an XJ that had an 8" SJ RR kit with 2" spacers, so about 10" with 35's, the guy standing next to it was 6'2" and the jeep was still small than he was. I don't understand how this is..I'm 6'5" and I look weird getting in and out of my Jeep at stock height, and it's now on an RE 2" BB and 31's, although its raised a bit, it's still too low and I still look weird getting in and out. It's a look thing, but I don't understand how an XJ with a 10" lift and 35's, is 6 ft tall.

Harvo said:
This is a very strange request... but... I would like to ask that maybe you post a pic of your 5.5 inch spiked heel wife with a person standing beside her. I have seen plenty of 5.5 inch spiked heel wife pics but no reference points. Even 4.5 inch heels too... just let me know which it is.

This is a short wife thing, so I would really aprreciate the help.

This is probably borderline pic showcase stuff... but it is a mod question...

Fixed it for ya :D

do what I did:

figure out how much taller the vehicle will be than what you have now. Raise your Jeep that much <2X4s, 4X4s, 6X6s, whatever>. Then have the wife stand next to and attempt to get into your rig at that height.

She had trouble getting into it-- but decided she liked the stance so much that she would compromise if I put a stirrup on her side so she could flip it down and get in the Jeep that way. ;)

No pics, but the bottom of my rockrail is 23" above the ground. I have about 5.5 inches of lift and 33's.

With 31's, it would be an inch lower. The bottom door sill would be about 25" above the ground on mine. Measure up her leg and that will give you an idea of entry height. Yes, my girlfriend complains sometimes - her comment is that she doesn't have anything to grab to get in. She claims that _I_ have the steering wheel and she needs something too.

bburge

Thanks for all the corrections to the original message (LOL!)

I have a chart from goatman or someone that gives measurement reference points in inches. I have tried the jacking up thing which seems ok... however,

I have read a number of posts on here that say people get 6 inches out of their 3.5 inch or 4.5 inch kits, which makes me wonder if everyone is measuring the same. I was just hoping for some visual reference. I would hate to get the 5 inch kit and get 8" or something whack like that.

All the 5.5 inch lift folks seem happy though... so I guess I'll just try it and see. Actually I'm going with the DPG Hybrid 5.5 kit which should be a tad lower... right?

MInes at 5" exact and 31's and short women don't have a problem getting in. THe grab handle is essential though. Would be harder for them without it. I don't think I have any pics, I'll look.

This is my strangest lift picture.
lift-dol.jpg

OK, second strangest.

That chart was from me; it's a rough sketch I did for a paraplegic Jeeper who was concerned about access after the lift. The measurements are in inches of course, but are the results after a 4.5" RE lift.
height.jpg

here's a pic of mine the night the lift was put on. it's the re 4.5" lift. but it gave me a little more than that. i'm the guy with my back to the camera. i'm about 5'9" for reference and the xj is sitting on 32" tires. HTH

jeep_postlift_01.jpg

Nice looking Jeep Fitch. So that's 4.5 inches with 32's? How did they fit? It didn't look like you had trimmed anything yet. You said it was a little more than 4.5... has it settled any since? It looks like it won't be too bad getting in... and it still looks prett easy to get under the hood. Thanks for the pic.

YuccaMan- sorry I gave credit to the wrong source. That was a helpful diagram.

HarveOut-

thanks. nope, haven't trimmed anything YET. and no, it hasn't settled any yet and it's been on since july of this year. it's not TOO bad working under the hood. i can just barely get the oil filter on and off w/out having to crouch on the tire.

as far as how well the tires fit, here's what it will look like w/ the swaybars disco'd
offroading18.JPG

as you can see, if i turn my steering, say bye-bye to straight 1/4 panels. :D and i also took off my flares before the trip so they probably would have popped off as well.

but i should add that my rims have 4" of backspacing. so with a different rim bs'ing, they might fit a little better. i'm going to be adding some added bumpstops to help be out until i get the ballz to trim.

and here's a shot of the rear tires stuffing...
offroading14.JPG

that was as close to full stuffage i could get on that trip. i think i might be fine in the rear cause i don't have to worry about that tire turning. but if it does turn on me, i have far larger issues to deal with. lol!

Fitch, what is the BS of those wheels? Standard 4" or so?

r@m

I have a feeling this is another.. each jeep is different thing. I have an 89' and I threw lifted about 3.5 front, 4 rear.. with 34" LTB's (about 33.5) and my roof line at the highest point is exactly 6'.. I know this because my garage door is 6'5". But guys with more lift and 33's sit very close to me... and I am not sure why, I thought I was going to be much shorter.....

FitchVA said:
here's a pic of mine the night the lift was put on. it's the re 4.5" lift. but it gave me a little more than that. i'm the guy with my back to the camera. i'm about 5'9" for reference and the xj is sitting on 32" tires. HTH

jeep_postlift_01.jpg

I was looking at a 3.5 RE lift for my 98 XJ. I was wondering if i could fit 31' 11.50 Trxus Inerco STS all terrains under there with no rubbing and no trimming?

Did u do any trimmign on urs?

psiggz said:
I was looking at a 3.5 RE lift for my 98 XJ. I was wondering if i could fit 31' 11.50 Trxus Inerco STS all terrains under there with no rubbing and no trimming?

i can't really help you out with the tire fitment question 'cause i don't have any 1-st hand knowledge with that setup. but it will come down to rim choice. i didn't listen and went and got a less-than-desireable bs'ing on mine and now i need to trim or add bumpstops. maybe a little of both. and no, i haven't trimmed mine YET.

psiggz said:

I have the 3.5" RE with full packs in the rear and run 31X10.5 TruXus MTs. They fit fine with minor trimming (rear of front flares). I know that is not exactly what you asked, but mine flexes fine with the 4 inch backspacing. Nothing rubs. I am not sure how those 31X11.5 would do, though.

Back